No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I swear the kids know exactly where in you shoe to put it so it gets you right in the soft middle part of the foot.

My youngest has just discovered his throwing arm, gets a good 3 meters out of a throw, and he's only bloody just gone 1. Problem is he loves this new game he's discovered, picks shit up and just launches it behind him. You'll be walking around the house and BAM, a pair of socks come flying out from somewhere.
Haha, SWMBO has copped a Hotwheels car in the forehead. He's even worked out how to dropkick a ball. I'm not into footy so I'm pretty impressed.

Made perfect sense to me. But then I've been drinking the Canonical Kool-aid since Dapper Drake. (Now, let's see what percentage of the forum that sentence makes sense to!)

Still can't be tempted to upgrade from 10.04 LTS, so stable, everything just works.

With you there. I started drinking the kool-aid at Dapper as well but didn't cut over fully until Gutsy.

Just fired Natty 64 bit up on virtualbox. Unity will take a fair bit of getting used to...

Not sure I'll cut over just yet though Maverick keeps bugging me to.

(Secretly looking forward to playing with Lego again!)

Guilty... my boy is almost 2 and as an Architect i find myself building all sorts of shit. He gets bored with it pretty quick when i take pieces off him to build my glorious masterpieces.

Unity will take a fair bit of getting used to...
Yeah, it really does but it is worth the effort - especially if you've got limited screen area. Only thing that shits me about it now is the launcher and I'll work out how to make it work like I want eventually.

Huh, weird.

If you'd asked me yesterday if I'd feel a bit sad to learn of Randy "Macho-man" Savage's passing I might have said "lolwut?"

Today, it turns out I am.

I can't believe that I have spent half a day watching all the Rocky movies on TV1 (back to back) on Foxtel. Ad free as well.

but as Sylvester Stallone would say:

I wan you to know dat the way ob da hey in no da will see der wob wob na ya we ya ho"

I totally agree with him on those points :icon_cheers:

Amazing... May 22nd... and we're all still here...

Dammit, the acopalypse would have prevented me from waking at 2.30am to come into work... On a sunday... in a hailstorm! Bah!

/rant

Amazing... May 22nd... and we're all still here...

Dammit, the acopalypse would have prevented me from waking at 2.30am to come into work... On a sunday... in a hailstorm! Bah!

/rant

I know what you mean (minus the hailstorm)........

Maybe none of us were worthy of ascending...

I read in the paper a family spent the cash they put away for their kids college fund (in US obviously) now they are still here... The kids are worried that they wont be able to afford their college...

Crazy people i tells ya!

The only way id be heading up there, Is if they let me take my equipment with me!

Don't forget that the USA consists of only two sections, according to a visiting prof on Radio National recently: "Greater New England", and "The South" - more of a divide of mindset than a geographical divide - and that 75% of Americans actually believe that every word in the Bible is the revealed word of God and that the planet is only 3400 years old.

Apart from cop-and-car-chase shows we only tend to get the "Greater New England" Seinfeld, Two and a Half Men, etc perspective and we mistakenly assume they are very much like ourselves. However, for example half of Detroit's adult population is functionally illiterate (and that's from their own reliable media reports). So the people spending the college funds doesn't surprise me. Probably spent it all at Wendy's.

edit: of course only 25% of Morayfield are functionally illiterate so we are streets ahead :icon_cheers:

Got back from Tassie last night where I went to see one of my favorite bands among other things. I'm used to the shitty selection of beer in pubs that put on punk rock shows so imagine my surprise when I find coopers pale, sparkling and stout on tap! Only six months left 'til i'm down there for good. **** you Brisbane.

So what is the premise of the troll, Bribie? I don't get it? It looks for all the world like you simply expressed a genuine opinion.

So what is the premise of the troll, Bribie? I don't get it? It looks for all the world like you simply expressed a genuine opinion.

Just stirring up the "Rafters" fans etc. Maybe I should do Troll101

Coopers Stout on tap :icon_drunk: :icon_drunk: :icon_drunk:
Yes we can dream.
Or, you know, live in SA where it's common.

No. You fail once again. Do you spend a lot of your time posting to news comment sections? The closest you come to a decent trolling is posting 'did I troll them?' repeatedly here, though I suspect that's unintentional trolling at best.

So far your accomplishments lose to the guy who says 'I filled in the census last night and said I was 45 when actually I'm 43... they'll be shitting themselves if they find out! Did I troll them good?'

Trolling is a art.

:lol:

Hey today I was in an op shop and found a "Hudson" brand pressure cooker that actually had a weight on it, plus the original guide book taped to the side for : $9.50
It's got a perfect flat bottom so good for electric plate. I've bought it for doing slants.

I was reading the instruction book + 150 tried and true recipes so decided to try it out in the kitchen first - bought some cheapo lamb chops, and assembled a convict stew with lamb, stock, onions, swede etc and cranked the thing up. When it was shooting steam I put the weight on and turned it down, walked away and came back about 10 minutes later and nearly burst into tears. Suddenly I was 7 years old again in my Mam's kitchen with the pressure cooker going "fut fut fut fut" and exactly the same aroma filling the kitchen.

Hey funny how something like that can reach out over half a century and just whack you right out of the blue. :) Thanks for what was actually a very happy childhood, Mam. :icon_cheers:

Back