No-chill... just leave in the urn?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice one. Thanks MHB, at that price, it's definitely something I'd like to try... I don't have issues with plastic but I am a bit OCD about cleaning. The little burrs and seams that are part of all manufacture of cubes and fermenters drive me bonkers.
One of those in place of an air lock like for chill in a stainless fermenter could be the way I roll going forwards. Then as it cools swap to an air lock at pitching time.

No need to switch to an airlock unless worried about foam going through filter. They work great as air locks as well

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Quality ideas here. I don't keg as yet however am going to be building a keezer soon so am considering just buying the 1 keg for no chill atm. However in practise all you do is make sure the keg is clean then pour the boiling wort in, lock the lid in place and attach a quick disconnect with a hose to one of them $5.95 air filters and it will suck in air and not buckle? What about releasing steam pressure? How does it all work without blowing me and my keg up

Latest posts

Back