Nice Big Beer Jugs (glass Ones)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindsay Dive

Reaction score
Does anybody know where you can buy big beer jugs in Sydney.
I already have a two litre jug but I want something bigger.

Regards,
Lindsay.

The large hospitality shops such as the one on Parramatta Rd at Camperdown usually have them, other than that garage sales & 2nd hand shops. Other than that try googling large jugs & see how you go!
Cheers
Gerard

Don't know about the Hospitality store. 1140mL jugs are probably fine but >2L ones would fail just about every OH&S risk test there would be!

You might have better luck than me searching their site: www.hospitalitystore.com.au

try googling large jugs & see how you go!

Fell off my chair laughing. Nice one.

I have a 1.8L(??) jug and it's reasonably heavy even when empty. Anything larger would have to be a two hander or come with a tap.

Does anybody know where you can buy big beer jugs in Sydney.
I already have a two litre jug but I want something bigger.

Regards,
Lindsay.

They have some nice jugs in Victorias Basement under the Victoria building ,I am unsure if they are larger than two litres but worth a squizz ,I got a two litre Sangria jug .

pumpy :)

for those looking for something a bit smaller Big W have a 1.8 litre jug (more like a water pitcher) which sells for about $8 for memory they also have a smaller size too nice and heavy glass keeps the brew nice and cool

I saw some nice jugs on a recent business trip to Japan :rolleyes:

But seriously check out the Kirin Ichiban 2 L beer mugs. They are a sight to behold.

But seriously check out the Kirin Ichiban 2 L beer mugs. They are a sight to behold.

I have a couple of "1 litre" beer mugs (holds 1.25L of liquid). One came free with a six-pack of DAB beer, the other with Lwenbru (though in that case you're paying for the mug and get the "beer" for free...) They're good for novelty value, but pretty impractical for drinking beer; 2L mugs sounds like something from one of those wacky, masochistic Japanese game shows. :blink:

My favourite freebie is a Grand Ridge Brewery-branded Sahm Strassburg mug - more please!

Back to the original poster's question, I've seen 2L jugs in Big W, but they have the narrowed neck (e.g. for water.)
Google turned up this hotel barware supplies site, which may give you some leads.

Latest posts

Back