Next step up options from BIAB

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
umm OP;
Wadey said:
Hi fellow brewers.

Big difference in $ I guess but curious as to what people's thoughts were based on their experiences.

Wadey

DJ_L3ThAL said:
To be fair Bridges thats the road you ended up on
Not quite sure that I was trying to make his decision for him, my post was my thoughts based on my experiences, no his may not be the same. Depends I suppose where he wants to get the enjoyment from. The build and tinkering with it. Or from the wort his system produces, or from both. Just sharing my story.
I suppose my point is. If you are making good beer, don't be in a hurry to change your system, you may like I did go backwards. Sure you learn a lot but damn tipping wort is annoying.

Hey folks.

Didn't get to do my LCPA Saturday, too busy on flood watch at home in Brisbane.

Plan to do it this weekend and will report back on how my mash efficiency went by using a few new techniques. I certainly have obtained some great insights and peoples thoughts from my OP.

I have to admit I am a bit of a tinkerer and love reading and hearing about how people go about their home brewing. I think I produce some reasonable beers with my BIAB system, some better than others. My need to try new things will probably lead to some sort of new kit down the track.

I am curious as to what the benefits are with a system that has recirculation, is the main one better mash efficiency?

Mate just build your new system for fun but keep your old system too. Compare. Biab takes up little space anyway and the vessel is useful for 3v so build around it.

Latest posts

Back