Next Meet Poll

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When and what

• BBQ, Sat 4th November afternoon/evening

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BBQ, Sun 5th November afternoon/evening

• Pizza/Dinner night, Mon 6th November

• BBQ, Sat 11th November afternoon/evening

• BBQ, Sun 12th November afternoon/evening

• Other (explain below)

• Total voters

DJR

I'm out
Reaction score
OK guys poll time, i'm happy to host at my place (Stanmore) but what's everyone's ideas for the matter of our next meet up?

People will be coming and going to my place to pick up their grain, hopefully by all of these dates the hops should arrive ready for the split, so if anyone hasn't got their grain by then they can get it from my place, if the group's decision is to have it at my place of course.

I'm for an arvo bbq. Everyone bring some beers. Sounds good to me. :super:

11th Septembers better for me as I am going to the trinations footy - Is it going to be a lunch time do on the 4th?

11th Septembers better for me as I am going to the trinations footy - Is it going to be a lunch time do on the 4th?

You supply the time machine and we can do it on the 11th september :p

Can be earlier if you want it, i was thinking 1-2pm ish.

Well I am catching a lift with someone back down my way so I am there til what ever time he is..... I'd prefer earlier, but that being said I am not presumptous enough to try to speak for the entire group, happy to go with the flow I'll work out something.

Hey All

Well i think the 4th November is going to suit everybody, so it's on. Saturday 4th November from about 12pm at my place - 139 Trafalgar St Stanmore.

Bring some meat and some beer of course. If anyone is swapping yeast and other bits & pieces bring it along.

Still on for tomorrow, rain, hail or shine, i'll set up under the pergola if it's raining.

The bottle-o down the street has a "beer and wine fest" going from 1pm so we'll have to wander down and have a bit of a tasting - supposedly 30 beers to try out and a couple of brewery reps.

The bottle-o down the street has a "beer and wine fest" going from 1pm

Is that the "brickky" one across the road from the station??? I didn't realise you were on Trafalgar, one of my well used rat runs through the Inner West (you probably didn't want to hear that!!!).

Gav.

Yup that's the one, Stanmore Cellars

So you must be one of the guys with the cannon exhaust pipe and big turbo running down the street at 70kph...

So you must be one of the guys with the cannon exhaust pipe and big turbo running down the street at 70kph...

I can just see Gav in his fully sick lowered silver barina complete with big tacho on the bonnet & 3 sub woofers for a back seat, cruising down the rat run that trafalgar street is with the doof music up loud, his baseball hat on backward, seat reclined as far a possible & a cousin in the passenger seat. :eek: :huh:

I reckon his kids would like to see that! ;)

See ya tomorrow

Crozdog

Another fine ISB meet and greet day today over at Ben's place in Stanmore , not a bad turn up for a miserable day,, thanks to Ben and Amy for their hospitality ... good to see a few newer "members" there for the first time too..

good stuff , look forward to the next one whenever that may be ...

so much for the 30 beers down at the bottl'o , although when i left your place at about 4pm there was a heap more people down there than when we all walked down there...

Thanks for holding it Ben. Don't leave the left over sausages in your brew fridge for too long - you don't know what weird new strains will develop in your yeast farm.

I just dumped the red ale I mashed yesterday onto the yeast cake of the porter. The mash turned out a lot darker than I intended so I thought a fruitier yeast would be better. Thanks for the combo yeast. I will try a pale ale where the dryness will be a better match.

Thanks everyone for coming down and bringing your beers along for the tasting - plenty of tasty beers out there being made by the group. I can see why you've finished off the Weizen already, Gav :)

Hopefully everyone's hearing has recovered from the SS pot drilling we did on a whim...

I now have way too many yeasts to use, i think i picked up some Hefeweizen yeast, some WLP008 East Coast/Patriot Ale and some S German Lager. Hopefully everyone that wanted yeast from me got it (i still have lots of Pacman), if not pick it up with the hops. Some WLP530 Belgian Abbey is almost ready to share out, the starter grew a massive krausen (a good 50% of the height of the wort) and finished last night so it should be ready to collect for anyone that wants some.

Thanks everyone for coming down and bringing your beers along for the tasting - plenty of tasty beers out there being made by the group. I can see why you've finished off the Weizen already, Gav :)

And a big thanks to you Ben for a very pleasant arvo. I've still got quite a few bottles of the weiz if you want a few more, it was just what was in the keg that was emptyed. Just let me know.

How did Sunday go???

Great day, Ben. A big thanks for hosting the meeting this time.

DUI (drilling under the influence) was interesting entertainment for those luckily not involved. :lol:

Lots of good beers and lots of yakking about brewing. What more could you want? :beer:

Latest posts

Back