Next Brew Day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OldBugman,
You know its not always the 'length that counts' :eek:
You sure its hops your growing and not the other funny hop !
Just checked mine, havent bloody moved much in a week !

Cheers
HBW

Funny.. I traded my cow in and all I got was 3 beans!

Well I put down my Rogers tonight, water it down to 19L and repitched some US05. 1.035-34

Stu, When you want me to drop back the cube?

Garry, you even got your cube yet?

Anyone have an issues with the FG.

I have gone from 1.035 to 1.010.. doesnt seem to want to go any lower. Will recheck it in a few days.

Anyone have an issues with the FG.

I have gone from 1.035 to 1.010.. doesnt seem to want to go any lower. Will recheck it in a few days.

Sounds about right. Mine has gone from 1044 down to 1016. We mashed at 69C to give it plenty of body and that seems to have worked. :rolleyes:

I decided not to dry hop it, and I'm going to bottle it tonight.

Cool.. bernd was reporting his one starting to halt up pretty high aswell..

I tossed in a cascade plug during ferment.

It wouldn't go any lower than 1016 (didn't add any water). kegged it last week and had the first one on the weekend.....
VERY nice, heaps tasty, chocolaty alright...Winner!

It wouldn't go any lower than 1016 (didn't add any water). kegged it last week and had the first one on the weekend.....
VERY nice, heaps tasty, chocolaty alright...Winner!

That's exactly the FG I got too, Bernd. It's certainly chocolatey ;) and the flavours are blending better with time in the bottle. Had one last night and enjoyed it.

Did mine with WLP002 and it finished in two and bit days at around 1016 as well. I've stirred it and kicked it but that's all it's going to do.

It's still in the fermenter, will hopefully get it into the keg within a few days.

My ones in the keg CCing. will filter and carbonate it later in the week.

Ended up teetering just below 1.010, watered to an OG of 1.035

I'll definatly be making this one again, last night I chased stu up for the exact recipe we settled on.

Back