Newstead Brewing Co. To open this Saturday

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalbarluke

Reaction score
Was just on Facebook and saw a post by "Newstead Brewing Company - coming soon" . Does this mean there will be another small brewery in Brisvegas? Has anyone heard anything or know of anyone connected? No affiliation,etc.
By the looks of it the location will be somewhere near Green Beacon. Could be interesting.

remember Ross making a comment about it late late last head when gbb opened, si i guess yes it is in the pipeline

Nice fella, went to Ballarat with him.

Pretty sure based on FB posts and what I have heard that it is an actual real brewery being built in Newstead.

There will certainly be one soon, but as per usual the guys are going through all the tedious building and licensing requirements. Spoke to them last week and end of the year/new year is likely to be more like their opening date.

Just been to Cardigan Bar in Sandgate. Finally a place that is willing to sell craft beer in Sandgate. Ross's beers on tap with other bottled brews. Organic soft drink and wines too. Just opened on Wednesday so get in to say g'day and show some support. I think I will be making it my local.
Cheers
Chucka

And the crepe bar right next door !
Could get crasy when the Dominicans roll up ;)

aussiechucka said:
Just been to Cardigan Bar in Sandgate. Finally a place that is willing to sell craft beer in Sandgate. Ross's beers on tap with other bottled brews. Organic soft drink and wines too. Just opened on Wednesday so get in to say g'day and show some support. I think I will be making it my local.
Cheers
Chucka
Where abouts in Sandgate, it's a little far from my place to be a local but definitely close enough to no be upset with the cost of the taxi fare.

its about 45 metres from 'sandygate' train station , right on the roundabout if ya know the area .

northside novice said:
its about 45 metres from 'sandygate' train station , right on the roundabout if ya know the area .
Plugged it into the GPS for the missus yet :D ?

Hard wired mate ,

Sand gate is such a nice place anyway , top of the bay , beautiful sunsets back inland over the glass house immortals , and moreton tempting from the east , was Brisbanes number one holiday destination right back in the day .

Was just on Facebook and saw a post by "Newstead Brewing Company - coming soon" . Does this mean there will be another small brewery in Brisvegas? Has anyone heard anything or know of anyone connected? No affiliation,etc.
By the looks of it the location will be somewhere near Green Beacon. Could be interesting.

Word on the hop bine is that they plan to open next Thursday

The newstead brewing company opens it's doors this Saturday at 12. They opened last night for a few hours for people who like them on Facebook. The beer is fantastic! Get in and try the special release red ipa before it runs out, you won't be disappointed. The beer fridge is packed with a lot of random and unheard of beers which is what Brisbane needs. The staff also seem quite knowledgeable

Brisbane newest brewery opens Saturday @ 12. I've had a sneak peek and it's looking fantastic. I was lucky enough to sample some beers too which was a fantastic treat. Very exciting

I've just come from a sneak peak too.
Delicious beers and a very good bottle list too. The beef talk had me salivating. They also have 4 guest taps and will have Ross' obama IPA to start with.

As far as their beers go, get the red IPA while it lasts. it's a special release and its so good. Their pale ale and session ales are really fresh and deliciously balanced. Great fruity hops with solid clean maltyness.
I really can't get over how good they are at easy drinking hoppy beers. right up my ally!

The IPA won't be ready until saturday but I may have tasted it fresh out of the tank and it gets the thumbs up as well. GO BRISBANE!

If it's anything like the SN Flipside Red IPA it shouldn't last long.. might have to get down there

Went there last night for a couple, the place is great! The IPA and the red IPA were both delicious, porter was nice. Lots of taps. Food looks good. Lots of taps. Pots schooners and pints (not this "small" & "large" BS). Good bottle list but it is in no apparent orders hitch makes finding things difficult after you've had a couple ;)

image.jpg

Back