Newbie - Buying Grains

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indorat

Reaction score
Hiya!

I have been making kits up to now but am thinking about giving a AG biab a right hot go!

I live in Horsham, Victoria.

Where does a horshamite source his grains from?

Cheers,
JEG

the Farm.

PS: G&G (site sponsor) do delivery (postage).

JEG,

G&G is your best option. Either get delivery, or arrange a trip to Melbourne to go to G&G and stock up on supplies.

The other option is Ballarat, I believe there is a homebrew supplies store in Ballarat now, not sure about their grain range though.

Cheers.

Grain and grape would definitely be the go JEG, last time i checked the brew shop in ballarat they had minimal if any grain, (a while ago). Only an extra hours drive!
And postage isn't too bad.

if you get the all-grain bug there is a bulk buy to be picked up at G+G once or twice a year, well worth the drive to save a few bucks.

While this thread is still running...

Anyone got a good easy Australian Pale Ale recipe? Keeping in mind that this will be my first AG cookup.

Grain and Grape are the way to go they have a good turn over of grain and sponsor just about every craft brew comp. I think they use oz post for delivery. I would suggest getting home brew software as it makes it a lot easier to formulate your recipes and then adjust them the ones I use are beersmith 1 and 2 and promash but there are others there I know beersmith2 have a recipe for an Aussie pale Ale but aussie pale ale is quite basic just a base of aussie pale ale malt then Pride of Ringwood hops is about it and most use coopers yeast. Grain and Grape may also have a recipe on there web site. Joining a club is also very helpful and stops some of the confusion you can get when you look on the net when u first start all grain just keep everything clean and sanitized and watch your temps and your most of the way there. you will notice a better taste once you get going with all grain. Just keep with the basics to start with and change things slowly :beer:

Back