New Years Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodwormm

Reaction score
Is everyone on AHB having the party at their own place to make use of the keg system?

I'm dropping a keg into a mates kegerator this arvo.... (parties have become easier since 3 or 4 mates started kegging)

I've also created a Hop Randall (Hoppenator) for the occasion, as if beer on tap is not enough of a gimmick, i needed some bling!

another mate's got my mobile setup (wheelie bin) at their shack for the weekend...

what's everyone else got planned?

Staying low this year.

The wife is about to pop and we really can't be arsed this year, looks like take away, movies and beers.

How is you Hop Randall set up, diy? Fergthebrewer got out his latest bling (blichmann hop rocket) out at the Westgate Brewers Xmas party and packed full of G of B Saaz flowers, OMG it turned my very bland beer (been sitting around for 12 months) into and awesome APA :icon_drool2: Really need to make myself something similar :beerbang:

Quiet new yrs here, we have 2 kegs of APA on tap and a movie to watch (Red Dog)

Better than last year that involved a nail, foot and hospital :)

Heck i might even start up a yeast for next weekend to brew

Since having kids, NYE is always an early night. Whipper snappers are always up and keen to play between 6 and 7am! So just a BBQ at a mates place to watch the early fireworks. Will have to enjoy a couple of obligatory IPAs at the BBQ though.

Not so bad because we make the most of new years day while the majority of Sydney sleeps in. So prob go for a drive up the coast for a relaxing morning at the beach. Get home early afternoon and prepare for a brew the next day.

We're away at my mum's place. Shes shouting us all to dinner @ the golf club. I got a few bottle sof HB, a bottle of Chimay blue, and a lovely canadian Baltic Porter in the 'fridge to share with the B-i-L tonight.

Just an nice night at home with the missus and child. Will let the little one stay up to watch the 9pm fireworks in the hope she'll sleep in for us.....

Got the fridge well stocked with a nice selection of tasty commercials, some nice big juicy New York cuts for dinner tonight......It's also going to be nice not having to work tomorrow.....

Better than last year that involved a nail, foot and hospital :)

Heck i might even start up a yeast for next weekend to brew

that's a really cool movie, by the way!

\

How is you Hop Randall set up, diy? Fergthebrewer got out his latest bling (blichmann hop rocket) out at the Westgate Brewers Xmas party and packed full of G of B Saaz flowers, OMG it turned my very bland beer (been sitting around for 12 months) into and awesome APA :icon_drool2: Really need to make myself something similar :beerbang:

just a water filter canister style...

not the usual cartridge type... it's a basket one made for a rain water tank.... nylex gardena...

i'll have to get some pics up, but it's at the mates house doing its business, i hope... i'm not there til a bit later on... if it works well i'll post pics and details.

Happy New Years!

setup for tonight will consist of a couple of fishing rods out the back of a boat fishing . hopefully see some of the fireworks action from the middle of the bay. no beer involved but still looking forward to it.

Didn't even know it was NYE until this afternoon.

I guess I'm not doing anything...

a mate is in town visiting, so i'm taking a keg of my Bitter As F$%# APA round to put his Dad's kegerator
Pizzas in the wood fired oven and loud music should make a good night :)

Had a brewday today that reflected this year. Almost everything went wrong and ended up alright. Will post this saga (not the usual f'k up brewday saga) after I have it in the cube.

Bring tissues.

Nothing special planned for me, just smacked a Wyeast pack for my leffe blonde and heading over to a mate's later for some dinner and drinks.
Taking a sixer of my Irish Red. (He's one of my few converts from megaswill to AG HB.)

Mate's hosting a pool party, taking 3 slabs of HB over (mix of pils and amber ale) to compliment the commercials they're putting on. Most of those attending drink beer so I'm currently a little apprehensive to see how much is left over come tomorrow morning haha.

Have a great night everyone.

PE

Staying low this year.

Yeah my wife is due next Tuesday so keeping it on the down low. It has a very quiet break this year.

Still going back for a few refills from the keg though, there is always the ambulance right??

Quite one this end of the world, hide out in the lounge room watching dvd's and sucking Single Hop APA "Citra" while the sister outlaw with her hemaroid rugrats are here too mooch an evening in the pool. Bring on 11am when they have had their fill and go so I can starting cleaning up after them.

Back