New Wyeast Release

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobW

The Little Abbotsford Craftbrewery
Reaction score
Personal Collection Lager Yeasts
Available from January to March 2010
Wyeast 17647-PC ROGUE Pacman Yeast
Beer Styles: American Pale Ale, American Amber Ale, American Brown Ale, Brown Porter, Cream Ale, Irish Red Ale, Strong Scotch Ale, Dry Stout, American Stout, Russian Imperial Stout, American IPA, Imperial IPA, American Barleywine, Fruit Beer, Spice/Herb/or Vegetable Beer, Christmas/Winter Specialty Spice Beer, Other Smoked Beer, Wood-Aged Beer​
Profile: A versatile yeast strain from one of Oregons leading craft breweries. Pacman is alcohol tolerant, flocculent, attenuates well and will produce beers with little to no diacetyl. Very mild fruit complements a dry, mineral finish making this a fairly neutral strain. Pacmans flavor profile and performance makes it a great choice for use in many different beer styles.​
Alc. Tolerance 12% ABV​
Flocculation med-high​
Attenuation 72-78%​
Temp. Range 60-72F (15-22C)​
Wyeast 1882-PC Thames Valley II Yeast
Beer Styles: Ordinary and Special Bitters, ESB, Northern English Brown, Robust Porter, Dry Stout, Foreign Extra Stout​
Profile: This strain was originally sourced from a now defunct brewery on the banks of the river Thames outside of Oxford, England. Thames Valley II produces crisp, dry beers with a rich malt profile and moderate stone fruit esters. This attenuative strain is also highly flocculent resulting in bright beers not requiring filtration. A thorough diacetyl rest is recommended after fermentation is complete.​
Alc. Tolerance 11% ABV​
Flocculation medium​
Attenuation 70-74%​
Temp. Range 50-58F (10-14C)​
Wyeast 3655-PC Belgian Schelde Ale Yeast
Beer Styles: Belgian Pale Ale, Belgian Specialty Ale, Belgian Dubbel and Tripel, Belgian Strong Golden and Dark Ales, Belgian Blonde Ale, Flanders Brown/Oud Bruin​
Profile: From the East Flanders - Antwerpen region of Belgium, this unique top fermenting yeast produces complex, classic Belgian aromas and flavors that meld well with premium quality pale and crystal malts. Well rounded and smooth textures are exhibited with a full bodied malty profile and mouthfeel.​
Alc. Tolerance 11% ABV​
Flocculation medium​
Attenuation 73-77%​
Temp. Range 62-74F (16-24C)​

will be grabbing a pack of the pac man for sure!

pacman.gif

Is the 'Wyeast 1882-PC Thames Valley II Yeast' the Brakspear strain? If it is it's quite sulfurous and has H2S on the nose.

Is the 'Wyeast 1882-PC Thames Valley II Yeast' the Brakspear strain? If it is it's quite sulfurous and has H2S on the nose.

I remember the genuine Brakspear from the 1970s and yes the beer had a sulphur 'snatch' similar to true Burton Ales, so I assume it was to do with the yeast and not the water treatment?

I'm still yet to try rogues beers but like others interested in getting and brewing with the strain... does anyone know if there is much perceivable difference between the pac-man strain and us-56????
i only ask as its apparently a mutated/house rogue version of 1056 (according to the internet though)
cheers phil

Waiting for Pro-culture to get their hands on this one and then it'll be available all year round.

Pacman may just be mutated 1056, but it's worth getting. The ADF that they talk of with this yeast is just stupid.

gonna make a few slants of this and dennys fav and make a few double batches and compare.

[quote name='O'Henry' post='580678' date='Jan 11 2010, 01:11 PM']ADF?[/quote]

Apparent Degree of Fermentation, I suspect (ie. Attenuation).

yeah i was wondering what adf means aswell although that does make sense...
does anyone know if you can reserve these yeasts at grain and grape or is it simply first in best dressed? this yeast also makes me wonder whether its worth getting some 1056 and just re-using it for years to get my own mutated house strain? I'm s7ure this topic has been covered but i can't find it... anyone done it/ suggestions

edit:I'll just ring grain and grape too hot to think properly haha

has anybody got any idea of when in January the pacman is coming in?

Anyone had a shot at the pacman yet? Am I the only one who is a bit overexcited about this yeast?

Got two in the mail, hopefully coming tomorrow.

Anyone had a shot at the pacman yet? Am I the only one who is a bit overexcited about this yeast?

Got two in the mail, hopefully coming tomorrow.

I have my Black Pacman Imperial Stout recipe ready for this one. Recieved it today. Also got a smack pack of the Thames V 2 and will put an ESB down friday for this yeast.

Brad

Personal Collection Lager Yeasts
Available from January to March 2010
Wyeast 17647-PC ROGUE Pacman Yeast
Beer Styles: American Pale Ale, American Amber Ale, American Brown Ale, Brown Porter, Cream Ale, Irish Red Ale, Strong Scotch Ale, Dry Stout, American Stout, Russian Imperial Stout, American IPA, Imperial IPA, American Barleywine, Fruit Beer, Spice/Herb/or Vegetable Beer, Christmas/Winter Specialty Spice Beer, Other Smoked Beer, Wood-Aged Beer​
Profile: A versatile yeast strain from one of Oregons leading craft breweries. Pacman is alcohol tolerant, flocculent, attenuates well and will produce beers with little to no diacetyl. Very mild fruit complements a dry, mineral finish making this a fairly neutral strain. Pacmans flavor profile and performance makes it a great choice for use in many different beer styles.​
Alc. Tolerance 12% ABV​
Flocculation med-high​
Attenuation 72-78%​
Temp. Range 60-72F (15-22C)​
Wyeast 1882-PC Thames Valley II Yeast
Beer Styles: Ordinary and Special Bitters, ESB, Northern English Brown, Robust Porter, Dry Stout, Foreign Extra Stout​
Profile: This strain was originally sourced from a now defunct brewery on the banks of the river Thames outside of Oxford, England. Thames Valley II produces crisp, dry beers with a rich malt profile and moderate stone fruit esters. This attenuative strain is also highly flocculent resulting in bright beers not requiring filtration. A thorough diacetyl rest is recommended after fermentation is complete.​
Alc. Tolerance 11% ABV​
Flocculation medium​
Attenuation 70-74%​
Temp. Range 50-58F (10-14C)​
Wyeast 3655-PC Belgian Schelde Ale Yeast
Beer Styles: Belgian Pale Ale, Belgian Specialty Ale, Belgian Dubbel and Tripel, Belgian Strong Golden and Dark Ales, Belgian Blonde Ale, Flanders Brown/Oud Bruin​
Profile: From the East Flanders - Antwerpen region of Belgium, this unique top fermenting yeast produces complex, classic Belgian aromas and flavors that meld well with premium quality pale and crystal malts. Well rounded and smooth textures are exhibited with a full bodied malty profile and mouthfeel.​
Alc. Tolerance 11% ABV​
Flocculation medium​
Attenuation 73-77%​
Temp. Range 62-74F (16-24C)​
Lucky I stil got my Commadore 64 to help me usse the pacman yeast

me and Franko going to make an American Brown ale this weekend using the Pac man yeast

I have my Black Pacman Imperial Stout recipe ready for this one. Recieved it today. Also got a smack pack of the Thames V 2 and will put an ESB down friday for this yeast.

Brad

Best Bitter with TV2 on the list for me as well, followed by an ESB :) .

Best Bitter with TV2 on the list for me as well, followed by an ESB :) .
I picked up the TV2 and the Pacman from Craftbrewer on the weekend.

That's my plan there too kind of. Bitter followed by a Rye ESB

Not sure what I have planned for the Pacman as yet. Maybe a revisit of the Hazelnut Brown and some sort of APA/AIPA thing...

I grabbed my packet of Pacman today with a Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar clone in mind for an Australia Day brew.
Yup, a Japanese named yeast, for an American beer on Australia Day.

Back