New To Kegging Co2 Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darryl

Reaction score
Hi there I am new to kegging and recently purchased a kegerator off ebay. I was wondering if anyone in Melbourne knew of the best place to get the Co2 cylinder from? Has anyone ever used www.kegking.com.au before as they say they have cylinders for sale? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
darryl

Hi Darryl and welcome. Do a search on this site on fire extinguishers. I lot of guys use them as they inexpensive to refill and own outright.

Cheers,

InCider

Hi Darryl and welcome. Do a search on this site on fire extinguishers. I lot of guys use them as they inexpensive to refill and own outright.

Cheers,

InCider

Or you can hire a 6kg bottle from BOC for around $10 a month, refills cost about $40.

mykegonlegs is probably your best bet. It does cost about $300 for a new cylinder, but you dont need it checked for 10 years, so thats like $30 a year rental, better than $137 I was paying from BOC. Factor in a $30 check for another 5 or 10 years, and that goes even lower.

Hello, I am in the same boat. Anybody know the best place to get a gas cylinder in the ACT?

I believe kambah has them. But anywhere else?
cheers

mykegonlegs is probably your best bet. It does cost about $300 for a new cylinder, but you dont need it checked for 10 years, so thats like $30 a year rental, better than $137 I was paying from BOC. Factor in a $30 check for another 5 or 10 years, and that goes even lower.

From the website: "The advantage in this is "Mykegonlegs" will undertake the hydrostatic testing on your cylinder when required at no cost to you."

Hi there I am new to kegging and recently purchased a kegerator off ebay. I was wondering if anyone in Melbourne knew of the best place to get the Co2 cylinder from? Has anyone ever used www.kegking.com.au before as they say they have cylinders for sale? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
darryl

Darryl,

I just got my CO2 from Supagas on Friday. "VT30" $38.50 for 10kg + $10.50 per month rental if you don't have your own cylinder.

Enjoy, I'm just about to carbonate my very first keg.

Nyc

Thanks for all the responses. This site has been a wealth of information.

Back