New Sydney Microbrewery Seeking Head Brewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sonofabitch..

That joint is about a fifteen minute leisurely drive from my house.

All that mispent youth guzzling beer when I should have been learning how to brew it. Dont ya just fckn hate irony?

No time like the present to learn, You are never to old to start.

Kind of strange they have nearly finished building the place and they still don't have a Head Brewer. One would think having a Head Brewer would be fundamental in setting up a microbrewery :rolleyes:

Oh well I hope they get someone good to give the overrated Mean Fiddler a run for its money!

Kind of strange they have nearly finished building the place and they still don't have a Head Brewer. One would think having a Head Brewer would be fundamental in setting up a microbrewery :rolleyes:

Not really, I would take a punt/hazard a guess they are getting the brewery through someone like Wes who would take care of everything maybe even the intial recipe development and first brews, following that they would need someone to just walk in and take over production full time or whatever.
Pretty common I would think.

That maybe the case but like I said just takin a semi undeducated guess.

I'd love to be a head brewer, however there would need to be the following conditions that need to be met;

1. No heavy lifting
2. No cleaning
3. Air conditioning
4. Permanent Internet access
5. 24 hour happy hour
6. No night work
7. No weekend work
8. Freedom to take holidays when I feel like it.

:icon_cheers:

Paul

I'd love to be a head brewer, however there would need to be the following conditions that need to be met;

1. No heavy lifting
2. No cleaning
3. Air conditioning
5. 24 hour happy hour
6. No night work
7. No weekend work

Paul

You've looked at my job application haven't you. :angry:

Kind of strange they have nearly finished building the place and they still don't have a Head Brewer. One would think having a Head Brewer would be fundamental in setting up a microbrewery

I was thinking the same thing. It definitely looks like it is a product of investors and focus groups to my cynical eyes.

I am interested to see the final beer line up. If it is a corporate-y place, and still does OK, and has half-decent beer, then it can only be a good thing, showing that we are catching up to the US in some regards. Hopefully these kinds of places can draw more punters attentions, and hopefully raise the level of education overall.

Without seeing a style named to date, my money is on their main release being a clean 'Aussie' lager.

We will see.

1. No heavy lifting
2. No cleaning
3. Air conditioning
5. 24 hour happy hour
6. No night work
7. No weekend work

Paul
pft. Picky bugger aren't you?
One request.... Loud-arsed Stereo with the dial superglued to the J's.

Brian Watson is putting in this plant - and it is sthe old owner of Potters (who he also sold them them that brewery too).

With a track record like Potters and Brian in close council, I would not have any concerns.

Scotty

1. No heavy lifting
2. No cleaning
3. Air conditioning
5. 24 hour happy hour
6. No night work
7. No weekend work

Paul

A public servant by any chance Paul?

Ticks all the boxes :beerbang:

You pretty much wrote the job description for a homebrewer paul :)

Latest posts

Back