New Rig

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbirbeck

Reaction score
My FIL called in a favour and arranged to have the new rig knocked up free of charge (well the stand anyway, pots and burners I had to pay for)...wasn't expecting that.

Stands about 2 m high, 60cm deep and a little over a metre long. Made predominantly from 50mm RHS. HLT and MT are both about 85 litres with the Kettle 100 litres. Happy as a pig in shit.

Hopefully it will get the maiden voyage this weekend, and it may be a double...Saison then an Alt.

Brew_rig.jpg

Nice one.
I need to get off my arse and get myself a brew stand sorted. But i'm too lazy. Can he your FIL make another one? :D

Good work,
Al

Strangest mash tun ive ever seen. What was it in a previous life? A steel laundry basket? How come you have a burner under it?
Cheers
Steve

It was just an Ali pot I picked up off ebay. It does look a bit like a laundry basket...either way it works.

I have a burner under it because I can :D ...idea is to be able to adjust the temp of the mash in certain circumstances.

two of these for the HLT and Kettle with a Med Pressure adjustable reg and a four ring on the MT which I have on NG hooked up to the house.

I had considered going Mongolian for the burners and go all NG but I don't know how long I'll be in the place I am and if I'll get NG when we move. And $36 for the burners instead of $200+ seemed like a good deal.

Awesome rig!

When you do fire up the MT burner, be sure you stir the mash... but you were probably on top of that!

Latest posts

Back