New Mashmaster Minimill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive got the monster mill + standard hopper and it hold about 5-5.5kg of grain...

I've got the extension as well. Will hold enough grain for a triple batch quite easily, and it flat packs too. Although in the same way mechano does

A few home built hoppers had Perspex sides, but I'm wondering at the strength of an all Perspex hopper. Anyway you could extend it by building a 4 sided box which just fits inside the hopper. This is how the monster hopper extension works

I have one of these on order (well techincally my family has it on order) for a B'day present in a couple of weeks, cant wait to get it and move away from the corona style i've got. Glad to see people with them are impressed.

Anyone have a template/plan for the hopper? Also would the perspex hopper take the weight of an extension box?

Cheers

Anyone have a template/plan for the hopper? Also would the perspex hopper take the weight of an extension box?

Cheers

If you were to keep the perspex hopper on all the time then it should handle the weight of an extension. However, I personally wouldn't bother with an extension box unless you already have the hopper. Would be better to just have a hopper out of MDF imo. I have the perspex hopper and where it screws to the mill is very fragile. 2 out of the 4 points have now broke on mine and I have only used it about 5 times.

When I was researching what mill I wanted, I came across a template of which the hopper is based on. However, I don't know if it is exactly the same. I'll try find it again but can't remember who made it now.....

If you were to keep the perspex hopper on all the time then it should handle the weight of an extension. However, I personally wouldn't bother with an extension box unless you already have the hopper. Would be better to just have a hopper out of MDF imo. I have the perspex hopper and where it screws to the mill is very fragile. 2 out of the 4 points have now broke on mine and I have only used it about 5 times.

When I was researching what mill I wanted, I came across a template of which the hopper is based on. However, I don't know if it is exactly the same. I'll try find it again but can't remember who made it now.....

My perspex one is cracked already after only 6 or 7 batches.
If i was buying again i would make my own from scratch.

My perspex one is cracked already after only 6 or 7 batches.
If i was buying again i would make my own from scratch.
Thanks. Just placed my order, will make my own hopper.

Cheers

I have been trying to find the post with the specs of the hopper. Unfortunately I have not been able to locate it. It is always the way, I come across it several times whilst looking for alternatives and now it is nowhere to be found :(

Edit: Found them.... although this is not exact for the minimill but should give you a good base to work from

Chad's Hopper

Chad's Hopper Plans

I believe the perspex hopper for the minimill is based on the same concept as Chad's. I will be making one soon from some spare MDF I have laying around the place myself.

Back