New Hb Shop - Brewhaus Newtown/marrickville/enmore

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJR

I'm out
Reaction score
No affiliation etc

Just got a leaflet in the mailbox today for brewhaus.com.au - they are set up on Llewynn street in Newtown/Marrickville/Enmore, near the bottom of Alice St and the Golden Barley. Haven't been in there yet, from the look of the website they are stocking 1Kg lots only and look to be a kit-pushing store, no liquid yeast even yet. Might have to go pop in there and see what the deal is this weekend. They're just up the road from St Peters brewery but who knows if they will stock fresh wort kits.

Still, it's an area that's underserved by HB shops, i tend to buy stuff from Gerard or go to Dave's at N Sydney since it's near my work.

Take this road to work everyday and never noticed it. Just goes to show where your brain usually is on your commute in the morning. Might check it out on the way home.

good to see the HB industry expanding... even into the trendy, wacky areas such as newtown ,,, will check it out tomorrow arvo , have to go to camperdown so ill be heading past it ....

doesnt look too bad a range on the webiste either for a shop just opening up ... prices dont look to far from the average HBS prices either ....

even into the trendy, wacky areas such as newtown

I don't know whether I should be offended by that or not :p

I have checked out said shop (only peeking through the window whilst closed, & through email correspondence) & It does seem to be aimed more towards kits (after all it can be hard to find the space for AG in Newtown) but Paul has assured me that they will be trying to cater for AGer's too. They even have a mill handy for cracking grain. The plan on stocking the St Peters fresh wort kits too.

even into the trendy, wacky areas such as newtown

I don't know whether I should be offended by that or not :p

I have checked out said shop (only peeking through the window whilst closed, & through email correspondence) & It does seem to be aimed more towards kits (after all it can be hard to find the space for AG in Newtown) but Paul has assured me that they will be trying to cater for AGer's too. They even have a mill handy for cracking grain. The plan on stocking the St Peters fresh wort kits too.

dont be offended mate if i could afford to live there i probably would .....having said that the store is actually in marrickville anyway ....

will check out the store tomorrow arvo hopefully...

My brother told me about this place the other day as he lives a few blocks away. He said the prices looked pretty good. He only does kits, but from what he described it looks like they have an AG set up.

dont be offended mate if i could afford to live there i probably would .....having said that the store is actually in marrickville anyway ....

will check out the store tomorrow arvo hopefully...

Its all good Barra :beer: After 10+ years in the area I'm well used to the 'trendy' 'whacky' 'feral' 'hippy' tags :rolleyes: :D

Let us know what you think.

Was in today and the service was great and prices were good too. Kinda felt a bit empty but I guess its only just opened and more stock will follow. And to top it all off the shop's opposite the Golden Barley Pub, where they have a great summer wheat on tap. :beer:

Was in today and the service was great and prices were good too. Kinda felt a bit empty but I guess its only just opened and more stock will follow. And to top it all off the shop's opposite the Golden Barley Pub, where they have a great summer wheat on tap. :beer:

Hi Moleman - any idea who brews the wheat beer you mention. Is it St Peters? Been meaning to try it since a mate mentioned it but couldn't remember the brewer. :beer:

didnt get a chance to go in today , have to make a trip that way in th mornin to get my laundry done , will check it out then ....

And to top it all off the shop's opposite the Golden Barley Pub, where they have a great summer wheat on tap. :beer:

Liked the Barley a lot more before they did the back up. FFS I don't understand the obsession with licencees thinking their pub has to look like a bloody CBD nightclub, there weren't anything wrong with the way it was before.

Pubs are not pubs anymore gav ,not like the good ole days where a public bar was a mans domain ... and the lounge was where the woman hung out

called in to see Paul and Ross down at the brewhaus this morning , they have
quite a good range of kit cans , malts etc etc good supply of 1kg grain packs, yeasts , hops , kegs , taps , bottling accessories etc etc , they are more than happy to do larger quantitys of grain if required, (crushed or otherwise) , their webiste is being constucted daily so expect to see more gear on there all the time,

what they did menntion they are looking for is feedback be it good or bad on what they have / dont have and what potential customers are looking for , they have only been open a week so for a new shop it was a quite impressive range of gear in stock ..

Both guys were more than happy to have a chat and offer up information and advice , give them a look and im sure they will do their best to help you out with your needs and requirements...

good stuff guys , good to see someone have a crack and open up a brew shop in this area !!!!

Hey Aarleks, told the guys at brewhaus about that wheat beer at the golden barley and they werent 100%, but thought its brewed at the st. peters brewery like DJR said. Give it a try its the kind of beer you could easily drink all day long.

I was just passing there today :rolleyes: and got a few bits and pieces. Also, got some yeast from them a few weeks ago. They ordered some yeast in for me and it was there the next day. Very helpful. Nice to have another good HBS choice in the Inner West. :super:

I'm pleased with them, the service is good and any Wyeast strain I require is ordered in.

Plus there's always a beer when you pop in!

just about to jump on my scooter and ride over to Brewhaus before closing time (3pm) and get some advice and maybe some better ingredients before I bottle this crap 3% Pale Ale and start again.

i just got home from there knife point, and funnily enough while i was there the guys were looking at this thread , at that stage you hadnt posted yet...

you should find the guys there very helpful and informative ...

NO AFFILIATION blah blah blah

I was chasing some yeast today which my LHBS didn't have in stock. Ended up getting it from Mel at ESB, but not before I checked out this place. I had bought some WY1469 West Yorkshire from there in the past, but when I jumped online today to see if they had what I was looking for in a Wyeast version, it seems the Wyeast has been given the boot, with White Labs now advertised on their website.

I thought this was one of the up and coming Wyeast bastions in Sydney? What gives?

Latest posts

Back