New Hb Shop - Brewhaus Newtown/marrickville/enmore

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they had both when I was last in there.

Maybe it would be worth giving them a call. As it seems some of the wyeast strains they had were moving quite quickly.

I found Brewhaus very helpful and had the Wyeast I needed ples a good stock of grains.plus a niceglass of beer .they have a conical fermenter out the back .

Bit out of my way, but seemed one was on the AG wavelength .

Not like those Country Brewer shops always seem a bit a dead loss IMO
when i need something

Pumpy :)

They've decided to stop selling Wyeast for some reason. I'm disappointed.
sob.gif
It seems a strange decision as there are lots of places selling WL, but none with Wyeast. I'm glad I managed to get a few yeasts from there while they were selling it. I'll probably be popping in there on Saturday so I'll try and find out why.

I was talking to a Sydney HBS owner and he mentioned that the NSW Wyeast rep wants the local retail outlets to do a bulk order a couple of months in advance (if I remember correctly?). The HBS owner said most home brewers don't know what they'll be making next week, let alone in a couple of months time so stocking White Labs is the easiest option.

I'm not going to do the talking for them, but i get the idea that Wyeast was giving them supply issues, since they would order some and it would take ages to get it in. Not good when most HB'ers want something in a day or two after ordering, and then change their mind on the day and do something else entirely. Shame that the only stockist of Wyeast in Sydney has dropped off but perhaps somebody will fill the void?

I was talking to a Sydney HBS owner and he mentioned that the NSW Wyeast rep wants the local retail outlets to do a bulk order a couple of months in advance (if I remember correctly?). The HBS owner said most home brewers don't know what they'll be making next week, let alone in a couple of months time so stocking White Labs is the easiest option.

Hi Rukh,

Sorry but you have been misinformed.

We aren't really the 'NSW Wyeast rep' as we sell all over Australia, but we are based in NSW and do supply a number of Brew shops.

There has never been a request to do a 'bulk order a couple of months in advance' as we carry all the popular strains in stock. Currently we have 85% of the available beer strains in stock and this will be back at our standard 90% when our latest order arrives.

Like all the other Wyeast retailers in Australia we do offer to order in the less popular strains when we place our order in the middle of each month. As it takes 2 weeks for an order to arrive from Wyeast there can be times when we are out of stock for a few weeks. But this is why the HB shops hold stock (plus the Express postage on a few packs is a killer and quickly gobbles up the thin profits).

Unfortunately, if you find that you need a particular strain after we have placed our order it will be up to 6 weeks before we can get it in for you - unless you want to pay $100 per pack to cover the freight and customs/AQUIS costs. We need to order a few hundred packs to make it worthwhile.

Thanks for the opportunity to correct this information.

NNL Beer Supplies

Hi bigfridge,

My apologies. I must've misunderstood the LHBS guy's explanation of the situation. I'm normally a WhiteLabs user, but (to make amends) I'll seek out some Wyeast for use in the near future.

Cheers,

Rukh.

My apologies. I must've misunderstood the LHBS guy's explanation of the situation. I'm normally a WhiteLabs user, but (to make amends) I'll seek out some Wyeast for use in the near future.

Cheers,

Rukh.

Cheers mate, but no need to apologise or make amends.

It's easy for things to get a bit twisted - particularly if there is a glass of beer or two involved :chug:

Good Brew'n,

Dave

Wyeast 1098 is now in the fridge. I just have to work out what I'm goin to make!

Back