New Guinness Gadget

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbeard

Sth Seas Pirate Brewery
Reaction score
"The electric-powered device is said to activate the gases in the canned beer to make it seem similar to the draught version."
linky linky

perhaps widgets cost too much ? thou 4.99 doesnt sound any cheaper ...

Well thats got to be worth a play with - just sent email to family in UK - hopefully one in the mail shortly... :)

cheers Ross

I was down at mounties rsl the other night and noticed they had the Guinness "Surger"... bloody amazing, they pour a flat guinness into a schooner then press a button then all of a sudden, it looks like a draught beer waiting to settle, tasted great but looked even better....

it was worth$3.30 in entertainment value alone..

cheers
andre

The big questions on my mind are, "how does it work" and "can we make 'surger' beer too"?

Ross said:
Well thats got to be worth a play with - just sent email to family in UK - hopefully one in the mail shortly... :)

Any joy in getting one Ross ?

Beers,
Doc

very interesting indeed.how ever on my last trip to pomland i remember the power sockets and plugs were vastly different to our versions.hope the one you score ross can be re-wired to suit local outlets.
wonder if they make ones for kegs. :rolleyes:

cheers
big d

The unit looks good from this piccy.

Beers,
Doc

GuinessSurger.JPG

UK is 230V and 50Hz still so no voltage concerns, just need a plug adaptor.

don't need an adaptor just change the plug or if it use a plug pack just get a universal.
DELBOY

good to see that part is easily sorted out.now to get our hands on some.

big d B)

And here are the Six Easy Steps to Using the Guinness Surger for anyone interested.

Beers,
Doc

Plug in the Surger
Add 1-2 teaspoons of water onto metal plate
Take cold Guinness Draught Surger beer from the fridge
Pour Guinness Draught Surger beer slowly into a clean pint glass at 45 angle
Place glass on Surger and press button
Watch it settle and enjoy your Guinness

Doc said:
Ross said:

Any joy in getting one Ross ?

Beers,
Doc
[post="114476"][/post]​

I haven't heard back from the "mate" i first asked - Spoke to my dad last night & put him on the case... so fingers crossed...

cheers Ross

Just had an email from one of my mates. He is on the lookout for one for me too :p

Beers,
Doc

um it only works with special cans

quote:

"The surger only works with Guinness Draught Surger beer which is made to the Guinness Draught recipe but with a different gas mix."

are you guys in for a bulk buy?

sorry to be the party pooper

cheers

I was thinking of trying in on my own brews.

Doc

( In Song )
I can sense a Bulk Buy comin on'
I can sense a Bulk Buy comin on'
Got the.............

:p

Doc said:
I was thinking of trying in on my own brews.

Doc
[post="114535"][/post]​

Same here - I'm sure the principal will work on all beer, but I guess the guiness mix probably works best... Here's to finding out :)

cheers Ross

Any draftees on here that have one of the old ultrasonic cleaners they used to use for unblocking plotter pens? They were big enough to put a glass of beer in, would probably work the same.

Guest Lurker said:
Any draftees on here that have one of the old ultrasonic cleaners they used to use for unblocking plotter pens? They were big enough to put a glass of beer in, would probably work the same.
[post="114553"][/post]​
Or the foot spa's that are sitting at the back of your cupboard :lol:
(yes I know their not the same but Homer would try it :p )

Brent

just tried the wifes ultra sonic jewelry cleaner well that was a surprise .
umm good head on the beer but a soar head for me as she slapt it for using her stuff on my beer LoL

WHAT A KILLJOY

better buy a guiness one !!

DELBOY :(

Back