New Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gday kai, havent been on for a bit. whats Aeroflex and where can you get it.

You can buy aeroflex from me - 9mm thick, 13mm thick and 19mm.

Finally got off my lazy arse and put the first brew down. 3.5 hour no-chill brew day with terrible efficiency (65%) but I'm not worried about that just now, that's something I'll iron out later. Kettle reached and maintained a good rolling boil with ample evaporation. Hop stopper worked very well with 25g pellets, 1 hop plug and a 1.036 preboil wort. Runoff slowed a little towards the end but nothing dramatic and there was only a litre's worth of wort left in the kettle. Very pleased. Brewing in the kitchen, however, is going to take some getting used to.

That is a nice little brewery. Nice work Kai and Wayne. Coming over at Christmas? Bringing samples?

Good to hear of a brew finally Kai :) A bit light on the hops though don't you think :lol:

Pah! Any Kiwi farm boy can precision engineer, wire up, TIG weld and install high quality stainless steel equipment in a kettle, but it takes a special kind of Kiwi farm boy to hew a mash paddle out of a jarrah futon frame using only a Swiss Army knife and 27 sheets of sandpaper.

I'm off to a mine site this week but you can pick the paddle up in 2 weeks time, or leave it till the case swap. Now... I know you arent keen on 25 mm spade bit holes. An alternative would be four by 16 mm spade bit holes, jigsawed into two 16 mm channels down the paddle blade, which would leave three by 12 mm staves. Or pick it up as is. Someone like Vlad or Asher or Mika or AusDB would probably have a hole saw for doing real sized holes in the blade.

Definitely agree with you there GL, just hand me a piece of wood and see what a spectacular botch up I make of it....steel is good, if you bend it too far, you can bend it back. If you cut a bit off that you shouldn't have, you can put it back. Wood - Nope. :huh:

Wayne -- I negated half the advantage of the hop screen by throwing an additional 45g of pellets into the no chill cube :) The hop screen did its job of filtering out kettle hops and hot break very well though.

Aaron, I wish I was. You think I could bring the kettle as carry on luggage?

G'day kai,

I was thinking about getting some stuff from Beerbelly, how does it perform?

I mainly need a little bit of reassurance before i fork out the money...

I was hoping to get a 36L pot with mods and hop screen, burner regulator, mashtun conversion kit, chiller and others parts.

I do think i might be out of my league though (as i've never done AG before), but i want to get the best...

I just need wayne to get back to me...

Do you have any advice?

Cheers

James

PM sent James....I'm not sure I've had an email from you...... :unsure:

Latest posts

Back