New Brew Stand

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkale

Reaction score
Hi all
Been a while since my last post, but on here most of the time just reading. Heres a pic of my brewstand just knocked out the The Maiden Pale Ale. hit all tagets spot on, :icon_cheers: at the moment its just batch sparge and dare I say no chill method, but I think its a good start , its 100% stainless the three ring burners are nice and quiet bring up to temp 30L in about 25mins all pots are 50L jobs ,just needs a few more add ons to make brew days a bit more efficient

Cheers All Monkale B)

brew_1.JPG

Nice one Monkale :beerbang:

How are you transferring between vessels? It looks like you drain through the spout into the next but the MLT obviously can not sit on the ground.

Will we be seeing some Monkale ales at future swaps?

Cheers
Jye

Hi all
Been a while since my last post, but on here most of the time just reading. Heres a pic of my brewstand just knocked out the The Maiden Pale Ale. hit all tagets spot on, :icon_cheers: at the moment its just batch sparge and dare I say no chill method, but I think its a good start , its 100% stainless the three ring burners are nice and quiet bring up to temp 30L in about 25mins all pots are 50L jobs ,just needs a few more add ons to make brew days a bit more efficient

Cheers All Monkale B)

View attachment 20689

Screwy and I were only talking about you last week, we just knew you would spring a suprise of a new brewery on us soon, well done. :icon_cheers:

So much bling, mine is dull with no shiny stuff, SS but no bling like yours.

Thanks guys
yep Jye nothing to flash just yet drain to 5L jug , need a pump I think next on the list!
Hey Bindi its batch sparge and no chill method like yours just a bit shite and briny and you seem to make some killer beers , and I will have to have a catch up with you and Screwy.

Cheers Monkale :icon_cheers:

After seeing your setup I ran down to the shed a re did my mash tun with insulation and tape to give it a new look and better insulation.
What have you brewed on your system so far? Wearing your monk robes I suspect is a giveaway when mashing.
. :icon_cheers:

Monk.jpg

After seeing your setup I ran down to the shed a re did my mash tun with insulation and tape to give it a new look and better insulation.
What have you brewed on your system so far? Wearing your monk robes I suspect is a giveaway when mashing.
. :icon_cheers:

That is a sweet setup....Bling factor maybe a little to hardcore for a beginner like me.....

I can dream however....

Very nice Jeff and good to see you posting again, I was wondering what had happened to you, perhaps you can brew something up and bring it to the xmas swap hey?

cheers

Browndog

Hey Bindi just a pale ale doing the yeasty thing as we speak.
Browndog old mate yeah been a while might have to come along to the next case swap thingy!

Cheers :icon_cheers:

Hi all

Cheers All Monkale B)

View attachment 20689

Hey, like Bindi said, your bloody ears must have been burning last Sat. We were discussing the lack of appearances from you on AHB, but knowing you we decided unanimously that you must be building some sort of top secret brewing weapon up there on the hill :lol:

Great to see your shiny new brewery being used in anger, and good to hear from you again. Will have to get together again soon Jeff instead of bumping into each other at Dan Murphys or First Choice.

Cheers,

Screwy

edit: spleying

Thanks guys
yep Jye nothing to flash just yet drain to 5L jug , need a pump I think next on the list!

I'm so dumb! Whenever I calculate how much is would cost to get into AG I include a pump in my calculations but of course I could just use buckets to collect the runnings and return to the kettle! Which is what I do already, but I'd need 2!
:rolleyes:

Thanks Monkale!

I'm so dumb! Whenever I calculate how much is would cost to get into AG I include a pump in my calculations but of course I could just use buckets to collect the runnings and return to the kettle! Which is what I do already, but I'd need 2!
:rolleyes:

Thanks Monkale!

Or go gravity feed... :icon_cheers:

Sqyre.

Mrs Sqyre is only 4 foot nothin.. and she does fine... :party:
Just need some stairs...

Sqyre... :lol:

Mrs Sqyre is only 4 foot nothin.. and she does fine... :party:
Just need some stairs...

Sqyre... :lol:

oooohhh .. I knew you were gonna say that! :)

Anyway, by the time i build stairs (and a shed to put them in) and buy a HLT ... I may as well buy a pump!

so simple, yet so beautiful - I love the way you have setup the gas/burners :beer:

I must say Monkale, very nice. Have you got both burners running off the one bottle, and if so how??? and what sort of cost???

Jay

But you have to like S/S though, dead set put a horn on a jellyfish.

Yes both burners off one bottle have a close look you will see two regs off one tap!! cost not a lot , rember its a passion lol
cheers Monkale

Yes both burners off one bottle have a close look you will see two regs off one tap!! cost not a lot , rember its a passion lol
cheers Monkale

Cheers mate, and I may ask another. What tyle of insulation is in on the mash tun, and where do you get it??? and I was thinking of insulating my HLT, what do you think???

Jay

Back