New Brew I Just Taste Tested

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattieharding

Reaction score
Jusy tapped a keg of one that I carb'd on from Sunday till now.

1 X Tin Cascade Spicey Ghost

1 KG Brewsier Liquid Sugar

500G Light Dried Malt

After such a short time i think this has come out awesome, cant wait for it to sit a while.
If it lasts that long.

That's great! With the exception of the Porter, I think that's the first time I've heard someone being pleased with one of the Cascade kits. Maybe it is possible to get good results from them, after all. :)

T.

I grabbed a stubbie of the Pale Ale tonight as a 'what the hell' moment while restocking the fridge....

Has cleaned up ALOT since it was bottled on 18/09/08, will leave the rest of the batch for a few more weeks, then sample again.....

I tasted a Coopers Bitter after two weeks in the bottle. It was flat and tasted winey, with no aftertaste.
I inverted each bottle a couple of times as there was still some sugar on the bottom, and a week later it was delicious, with a creamy white head that stayed the whole glass down, and was carbonated nicely, just like an english Bitter.

Give it some more time I reckon.

My main reason for the primitive tasting was the cascade yeast fired off some funky sort of aromas during fermentation and at bottling it tasted horrid......

Time is my friend, now, to get both fermenters running again so I can build some stocks.

Latest posts

Back