New Brew Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbiebrewer

Reaction score
Hi all,

I purchased a second hand upright fridge today for brewing in. I had a look inside and it looks like there is enough space for 2 fermenters, but the shelving that came with it look unable to handle the weight. So has anyone come up with another way of dealing with this problem or is my assesment of the fridge shelving wrong?

Thanks in advance.

I went with couple of security screen shelves.
Picked up the materials cheap and made them myself.

med_gallery_7556_294_386670.jpg

med_gallery_7556_294_309132.jpg

Hi all,

I purchased a second hand upright fridge today for brewing in. I had a look inside and it looks like there is enough space for 2 fermenters, but the shelving that came with it look unable to handle the weight. So has anyone come up with another way of dealing with this problem or is my assesment of the fridge shelving wrong?

Thanks in advance.
I used the steel sides off an old computer case I had laying around, it was almost the perfect width except the fridge walls slightly narrowed toward the back. Quick trim of the sides with an angle grinder made it fit like a glove though :icon_cheers:

I used the steel sides off and old computer case I had laying around, it was almost the perfect width except the fridge walls slightly narrowed toward the back. Quick trim of the sides with an angle grinder made it fit like a glove though :icon_cheers:

Heh the old man has a few computer cases lieing around, I might be able to repurpose them with some luck, thanks for that.

I went with couple of security screen shelves.
Picked up the materials cheap and made them myself.

med_gallery_7556_294_386670.jpg

med_gallery_7556_294_309132.jpg
They look good what did u use for the trim? Did you rivet them together and do they warp or are they ridgid as?
I'll be looking around at council pickups for an old door now, just need to know what you used for trim please.

just use wood, mdf or ply (reasonably thick) will both hold the weight and fit in the gaps

Here's mine. Had the wood laying around.

Latest posts

Back