New Braumeister: Control Panel

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spiesy

Illmatic
Reaction score
The new Brau features the ability to store up to 10 different mash profiles and recipes... I can work out how to alter an existing recipe/profile, but does anyone know:
  1. How to delete a recipe?
  2. How to change a recipes name?
  3. How to omit/delete a step? (just set to same temp as previous step, and 0mins time?)
About to put down my first brew on this baby.

totally guessing:

1. by over writing the existing one
2. not sure, over write?
3. yes

Spiesy said:
The new Brau features the ability to store up to 10 different mash profiles and recipes... I can work out how to alter an existing recipe/profile, but does anyone know:

• How to delete a recipe?
  • How to change a recipes name?
  • How to omit/delete a step? (just set to same temp as previous step, and 0mins time?)
No.

And stop showing off I'm getting seriously jealous, you bar steward

Seriously - Enjoy, it's a beautiful piece of kit

Florian said:
totally guessing:

1. by over writing the existing one
2. not sure, over write?
3. yes
There doesn't appear to be any ability to change names or delete.

Instructions are "minimal" at best. Booklet says it comes with "two recipes", but there's more like 7. They all show up in the recipe mod section, under names Edit 1, Edit 2, Edit 3, Edit 4, New 5, Delete 1, Delete 2. But then when you go to Brewstart, there are only four recipes available, entitled Recipe 1-4. No mention of edits etc. Weird.

Anyway, in other news, apparently I got 90%+ mash efficiency on a double batch. Insane.

Milled too fine for a 20% wheat grist (1.2mm), resulting in several slow recircs, Brau turned pumps off to reset grain bed a number of times - not sure if this is standard or due to gummy grain bed, no mention of this in the manual. We removed the top plate and stirred a few times to try and break up the gelatinous block of grain, which was effective for 10mins. Half way through the mash we added 500g of rice hulls which really seemed to help the recirculation rate.

Will take OG reading before fermentation to double check gravity, but looks like it's been overshot considerably and will need to be diluted.

Do you mean the pump breaks? They occur every 10 mins or something like that

doon said:
Do you mean the pump breaks? They occur every 10 mins or something like that
Yeah, it says something like "Pump deactivated to resettle grain bed. 1 min duration."

Good to know, thanks Doon. Couldn't find any mention of it in the manual.

Ahh updated model says better stuff then mine!

Old model says pump break. When i first used mine i shit myself thinking it had broken already

doon said:
When i first used mine i shit myself thinking it had broken already
I still assume I broke something each time I see that message, so it's a relief when the pump comes back on. Always make brew day exciting

doon said:
Old model says pump break. When i first used mine i shit myself thinking it had broken already
That explains a few of my problems on double brew days, I thought pump break was German for pour yourself a beer.

I wonder if Dicko got the "pump break" message when he dropped the impeller yesterday

Spiesy said:
  1. How to delete a recipe?
  2. How to change a recipes name?
  3. How to omit/delete a step? (just set to same temp as previous step, and 0mins time?)
Anyone?

Not even Spiedel's website makes mention of the new model.

Am I right to assume that the new Braumeister has been released? I have been thinking of upgrading to the 50l model...

Dan2 said:
I wonder if Dicko got the "pump break" message when he dropped the impeller yesterday
Nah Dan, it didn't say "Pump Break" it said...."you will be broke after we charge you $55.00 plus postage for a new impeller" :lol: :lol:

Still have not received it but have done two brews with the broken one and it works without fault....Maybe they are designed so that when you are cleaning them while being half pissed and throw them down drop them on a concrete floor, they still work with a vane missing. :lol: :ph34r:

Cheers

Spiesy said:
Anyone?

Hi Spiesy....give Niels a PM mate, he may be able to help you seeing he has some contact with Ralph and has a prototype of a BM with the new controller.

dicko said:
Hi Spiesy....give Niels a PM mate, he may be able to help you seeing he has some contact with Ralph and has a prototype of a BM with the new controller.
Spiesy said:
Anyone?

The new model Braumeisters have been released with the new control panel (screen). These will take a little time to filter through, and the web site will probably not be updated for a month or so. It is thought at this stage that exisitng BM's will be able to be upgraded, though the details of how this will work have not been decided as yet, as there are not enough of the new control panels available to meet manufacture at the current time, and also Spiedels do not necessarily want the old control panels being used by people making their own BM clones.

If anyone has any further questions, you are welcome to PM me.

FYI all the new Braumeisters are now shipping with this newer controller. There is also an update that will be available in around May so that owners of Braumeisters with the old controller can upgrade.

Also, the WiFi feature will require a additional dongle to use it as well..

Cheers,
Matt

Thread necro: has there been any updates on where you can buy the new controller?

Latest posts

Back