New Book: The Craft Of Stone Brewing Co

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My review for anyone interested in this book, which I put in the wiki :unsure:. I think this would be a great christmas present for the avid homebrewer

The Craft of STONE Brewing Co., Liquid Lore, Epic Recipes, and Unabashed Arrogance , Greg Koch and Steve Wagner with Randy Clemens.
The first thing you'll notice that sets this book apart from the rest is that it comes as a hard cover. Inside is a high quality layout, pictures and text, making it visually appealing and easy to read. It is a 3 part book. Part 1 gives a very good explanation of the ingredients and processes of brewing, something which you could refer back to on a regular basis whether you are new to brewing or an experienced brewer. A short history of brewing followed by "A Story Called Stone" over ~40 pages. Well written and fun to read. Part 2 outlines the beers of Stone Brewing Co. included are availability, IBUs and abv with a description and accompanying story. Part 3 is the food and beer recipe section, which covers the serving, cellaring and food pairing of craft beer. It follows this with cooking with beer recipes and matching beer, ~20 in total. And importantly, for the homebrewer 22 'clone' recipes for us to try at home. Though unfortunately, NO Arrogant ******* recipe.
So in a nutshell, if you liked 'Brewing Classic Styles', 'Brewing up a Business' (the dogfish head story) and Cooking with Beer (by Merc) you'll enjoy this book. A great addition to your homebrewing library! (kenlock)

:icon_cheers:

Back