New At The Brisbane German Club

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reedspacer

Reaction score
Schneider Weisse kegs have been brought into Australia for the first time and are available at the Brisbane German Club for a period of time.. Currently available is the Original and for the remainder of this week Aventinus!... After this week however the Aventinus will be going on hold until cooler times..... or until a tap opens up temporarily....

Schneider Weisse kegs have been brought into Australia for the first time and are available at the Brisbane German Club for a period of time.. Currently available is the Original and for the remainder of this week Aventinus!... After this week however the Aventinus will be going on hold until cooler times..... or until a tap opens up temporarily....

Faaar K, I need to get down there again soon :)

That's insane news, how much is the Aventinus?

Faaar K, I need to get down there again soon :)

+1

I've been wanting to go back for one beer in particular that I had last time, Schneider Weisse Hopfenweisse, so good.
Couple of pints of Aventinus will have to be consumed aswell !

Anyone tried the Aventinus from tap yet? I'm going to head in tonight if I finnish work before 8pm :(

Anyone tried the Aventinus from tap yet? I'm going to head in tonight if I finnish work before 8pm :(

I am so trying to convince SWMBO that lunch tomorrow is a good idea (and she can drive back).

I am so trying to convince SWMBO that lunch tomorrow is a good idea (and she can drive back).
I think they're open for lunch on Sundays now as well....Had a pint of the scheiderweisse yesterday (thought that was a mature choice since I was driving).....big banana, very nice.

Had both yesterday with lunch. Honestly I preferred the Original, the Aventinus is a big complex but really smooth beer with loads of punch, so delightful to sample but that's about it. The Original is fantastic on tap, really superb, worth the effort for a tasty big banana, touch of spiciness, a pretty decent wheatie (IMO).

I had my first beer at the jew burners in July 1988. Not real PC but jew burners is what it has been known to us forever. It got mke interested in real beer. I lost it for about 15 yrs and got interested again. Some great nights! Don't know any of you Brisbane people but if there was some interest in a beer and lunch tomorrow I'd be keen.

Got there yesterday and after a few weisse, a budvar or two, a Aventinus and some Hopfenweisse - I ended up with a wobbly boot :icon_cheers: A good day out really.

Yep, your text was quite good...

Yep, your text was quite good...
I sort of remember sending that :rolleyes:
I took one of the locals along and when we got back everyone was asking "what have you done to him".

Probably a good thing I didn't go then....!

Not a lot happened back at the office after our GC lunch either! B) Even the Scotsman said he had a wobbly boot too, for him that's like saying he's fallen in love with a sweet lass from Kent! :eek:

Just been informed by Josh our CraftBrewer Christmas Party will be at the German Club again this year. Will let you know when the boys sort a date & hope to see you all there :party:

cheers Ross

Just been informed by Josh our CraftBrewer Christmas Party will be at the German Club again this year. Will let you know when the boys sort a date & hope to see you all there :party:

cheers Ross

I hope it's when I'm back in Qld. I'll love to make it :icon_chickcheers:

cheers Ross

I'm sure it'll all end well Ross :icon_cheers:
What could possibly go wrong.
View attachment 50266

I'm sure it'll all end well Ross :icon_cheers:
What could possibly go wrong.
View attachment 50266

At the German Club, nothing Winkle

sp_aaib059_16x20_the_hindenburg_disaster_posters_707.jpg

Got in on Thurs to try this, it was great fresh from tap. Would easy be better that the freshest bottled example I've tried.

I could really pick up that bubble gum ester and great level of banana. Smooth and creamy, with enough Alc to put you on your ass without knowing why :icon_drool2:

Gotta love that German Club :beerbang:

cheers Ross

Woohoo, the last one I came along to was a blast. Count me in I'll be there for sure :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back