• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

New 9 Kg Aluminium Co2 Cylinder

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevnlis

Reaction score
I am ordering 9 kg cylinders from the states. If anyone wants one let me know by the end of the week. Looking at about $200 - $225 to your door (depending on where you are).

The more I order the cheaper they will be. ;)

Just make sure you can get it filled over here because the threads are different.

Has anyone been able to get one filled?

Just make sure you can get it filled over here because the threads are different.

Has anyone been able to get one filled?

The bloke that fills our fire extinguishers said he could do it. Maybe he did not know they are different over there?

righto - I would be interested IF we can find someone in Brissy that can fill them..... they are a different fitting, which is what has swayed me away from them in the past....

Does anyone have a Brisbane based CO2 filler that could do it?

M

Apparently the threads are not different. I asked the supplier in the states and he claims they are the same. He says he has not sent tanks here but sells regulators to people here and they fit our tanks. One would assume if the regs fit no worries then whatever they fill the tanks with will...

Sorry but this is straight out incorrect!

My first keg setup came from the US with a cylinder and reg and they are different. There are also a number of threads about this.

They have a CGA-320 thread on them. Any idea what the regs and fillers use here?

American Thread is CGA-320, Australia AS2473 Type 30. They are different. More info here

That page does say "A female 1/2" BSP .... British Standard Pipe..... fitting will screw nicely onto the male CGA 320 thread."

So even if the reg doesn't fit with a type 30, you could replace it easily, 1/2" BSP is pretty common!

ETA: From the manufacturers website:

"The Milwaukee MA957 Regulator suits a Type 30 BOC fitting for a CO2 bottle or other similar fitting measurements of 0.860in, 21.84ml, approximately ⅞in or 14BSW."

Which is the AU standard, yet these are sold to fit the CGA-320 tanks.

righto - I would be interested IF we can find someone in Brissy that can fill them..... they are a different fitting, which is what has swayed me away from them in the past....

Does anyone have a Brisbane based CO2 filler that could do it?

M

If you read here:

http://www.robowars.org/forum/viewtopic.ph...86f2aa9b15c7d85

the guy in Brissy had problems finding a place to fill the tank that didnt have the cga-320 fitting.

Also a quote from one of his later posts:

"After giving up on the BOC website for info I went to the CIGweld website and found that the fitting I want is a AS 2473 Type 30 (.860" 14 TPI RH Int). This is the fitting from their beverage regulator (the only one suitable for CO2) and the nut is aparently available as a spare part."

The nut we need to convert our regs is easily available. Now we just need to be sure the fillers can handle the cga-320 fitting. Anyone have an easy idea to find out how? I tried a few places and no one has any idea what fitting the fillers are... even though they use them daily...

Incidently I wonder how many of THESE Ross has sold, and how many people got them to work?

Incidently I wonder how many of THESE Ross has sold, and how many people got them to work?
Arrgh! - Expecting one of these in the mail from Ross any time soon. Hope there's no problems with the thread...

Arrgh! - Expecting one of these in the mail from Ross any time soon. Hope there's no problems with the thread...

I am starting to think this Type 30 thread is only used by CIGweld. Everything I can find seems to point back to them.

"Aligal" the company that makes the cylinders G&G use are US made and have CGA-320 fittings AFAI can tell.

Long time lurker, first post. Started brewing after building my outdoor bar in April.

Got this reg from Ross, after getting info via his link on this site, back in about May or June. Found that it didn't fit the cylinder (9kg AirLiquide steel ) and alerted Ross. He bent over backwards to help and sent me another nut, which worked. :) I believe Ross has alerted the supplier.

The subsequent service I got from Ross has been more than excellent and I have bought other stuff off him and recommended him to others who want to start out.

cheers

Long time lurker, first post. Started brewing after building my outdoor bar in April.

Got this reg from Ross, after getting info via his link on this site, back in about May or June. Found that it didn't fit the cylinder (9kg AirLiquide steel ) and alerted Ross. He bent over backwards to help and sent me another nut, which worked. :) I believe Ross has alerted the supplier.

The subsequent service I got from Ross has been more than excellent and I have bought other stuff off him and recommended him to others who want to start out.

cheers

Thanks for the reply. I have no doubt Ross would go out of his way to help!

AirLiquid do seem to have an AU base with the Type 30 valve.

http://www.airliquide.com.au/specgases/specval.php

Maybe a list of the different cylinders and which thread type they have is in order?

Latest posts

Back