Never Get Between A Man And His Beer.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pity it wasn't in Victoria, the guy could have got the police to shoot the robber instead.

Wow.

A Queenslander talking shit about the Police force of another state. What a short memory you must have, Bribie.

Nah in Queensland they would capsicum spray him, then taser him, then see what revenue they could possibly raise from him - and keep the beer for evidence to be displayed at the Xmas BBQ.

Edit: hey bum, I just read an interesting article about Victorian Cops impounding over 10,000 cars since anti-hooning laws started. Does this mean that the cars are cubed or are they given back after a few days?

Wow.

A Queenslander talking shit about the Police force of another state. What a short memory you must have, Bribie.

Come on. Queensland police only shoot you dead if they want to steal your amphetamines. Maybe that's just the Gold Coast.

Hahaha...!!! Reminds me of that old Rodney Rude song.... "Ahhhhh, Queensland Cops" :D

Hahaha...!!! Reminds me of that old Rodney Rude song.... "Ahhhhh, Queensland Cops" :D

Ha! They were gonna arrest him for offensive language and behavior! And he got off... RUDE LAW!

ah the queensland police, the best cops money can buy :icon_cheers:

NSW doesn't have police

Just people in blue clothes that fine you using cameras and shit.

I saw one a few months back....... felt like taking a photo and putting it on the net like a pic of a black pantha in the blue mountains

there is a camera ever 50 meters on the road....... but the drug dealers, hoons doing burnouts ect just run wild.

maybe we need more cameras?

yeah victorias like that to. there just isnt enough revenue to be made with police on the street. much easier to fine poeple going 3 ks over the limit in a hundred zone.

on the way home there is one speed camers in an 80 zone. Everyone is doing 100 and slows down 50 meters before it..... then once over the stips in the road....... back to 100 or 110.

All it does in increase green hous gasses due to everyone having to slow and speed back up.

stick a few patrol cars on the road...... noone would be doing 100 in the 80 zone.

id like to kow what a speed cammera costs a year to maintain?

Well, I know the cameras towards the Blue Mountains occasionally receive high-velocity lead...

While I know that there are some good police out there, the bureaucracy and money grubbing of police in NSW is a joke.

Dunno if it is the same in NSW but I do know the cops down here only get 25% of this so called "revenue raising".

The reliance on "saftey cameras" as they are known down here is policy that comes from above the Police themselves. You voted for the dickheads. Your fault.

I remember when SA police brought about 'quotas' for police, making them give out a certain number of tickets per month. However seeing that 80% of cars I see on the road are breaking road rules of some sort it's not like they really have to stretch themselves to hit their targets...

on the way home there is one speed camers in an 80 zone. Everyone is doing 100 and slows down 50 meters before it..... then once over the stips in the road....... back to 100 or 110.

All it does in increase green hous gasses due to everyone having to slow and speed back up.

stick a few patrol cars on the road...... noone would be doing 100 in the 80 zone.

I know what you mean Tony. I see this all the time. Have to say, for every 10 who slow down, 1 doesn't.

I use iGO Amigo with regularly updated speedcam files. Plenty of AUS-wide lists available or you can strip them back (for performance) to just your state. Build your own (sorry I only have a VIC link; I'm sure there's a comparable site for your state) using the govt. website and something like google earth to generate GPS coordinates or even better.. check gps forums (some underground) for community maintained lists which are regularly checked (cameras verified) and maintained. I'm sure you're already down with this stuff, but PM for links or files if not.

I'm fairly certain VIC has something like 10x the amount of fixed speed cams to any other state in AUS. It's pretty ridiculous here, actually. Check out this quick screen grab:
spd_cam.jpg

Cheers

Latest posts

Back