Neil Morrissey's Risky Business

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO I'm not too surprised. They changed the pub waaaaay too much- turning it from being a quaint local to a bright jazzed up pub selling outrageously expensive gourmet meals. If they limited the renovations to a fixerupper rather than a complete overhaul it would have had a better chance. At the very least it would have kept its existing clientele.

I think his property business was sepearte to the beer side. The Blonde Ale is still available in Tesco in the UK and recently their Brunette Ale has taken to the shelves.

"He told the News of the World newspaper he would not file for bankruptcy and intended to pay his creditors in full."

"But Morrissey has made an independent voluntary arrangement which means that all his earnings, minus his living costs, will go to his creditors for more than three years."

wow that's unheard of, must have good moral fibre or a guilty conscience.

The Blonde Ale is still available in Tesco in the UK and recently their Brunette Ale has taken to the shelves.

I've seen one of their beers here in Dan Murphy's. I didn't enjoy the show (hated/despised what they did to that pub), the subject matter was interesting obviously but I had no taste for them or the way they were able to push themselves over and above existing long-term brewers using Morrisey's 'celebrity'. So I skipped buying the beer as well, anyone tried it? Noticed it wasn't Bottle Conditioned but then I can only access one beer that is over here (Sydney) - Young's Special London - even the Lord Nelson brewery stuff is not Bottle Conditioned. Hen's Tooth used to be around the Eastern Sydney Suburbs too (also B/C) but haven't seen it in a long time :( /waffle.

Dragging up an old thread, episode 1 is on sbs tonight, starting at 8:30 pm (Adelaide time).

"He told the News of the World newspaper he would not file for bankruptcy and intended to pay his creditors in full."

"But Morrissey has made an independent voluntary arrangement which means that all his earnings, minus his living costs, will go to his creditors for more than three years."

wow that's unheard of, must have good moral fibre or a guilty conscience.

Either that or he wants to be able to get creditros in the future.

Next episode tomorrow (Thursday) night - check your local guide for more details;

It's the second leg of Neil and Richard's quest to brew the perfect pint. And after snubbing the scepticism of both the breweries and their brand manager, the pair are ploughing on with their beer-fuelled dream. They have their sights on a Yorkshire boozer, Ye Olde Punch Bowl, and want to convert the place into a state-of-the-art microbrewery, but first they need planning permission. The application forms are designed to be user friendly, but does that apply to an actor and a chef?
I only found out about this show earlier this week, so I'll have a look at it tomorrow night.

They're a bunch of typical middle age 'yuppie' pommie twats thinking they can re-invent the wheel.

I hope they go bust.

Next episode tomorrow (Thursday) night - check your local guide for more details;

I only found out about this show earlier this week, so I'll have a look at it tomorrow night.

They went bust, well that Pub did. Morrisey has a few other pubs in hios protfolio which are still trading.
The beer was rubbish in bottles, but was suprisingly good on cask.

Back