Need Advice On A Lawn Mower

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barls

causer of chaos and mayhem
Reaction score
anyone in sydney work at a mower shop, cause mine just shit itself big time and im looking to replace it but am unsure about the current models. id rather deal with a member of this forum than anyone else?
anyone in the other states have any advice on the new models?

Barls
Type the word forum into google, I am certain one of them will be focused on lawn mowers, other than that there is a guy in Dempsey St North Ryde that does work on mowers & will probably fix yours up. Might even accept beer for payment!
Cheers
Gerard

Edited part
try this http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&...=cr%3DcountryAU

Get a honda mate you will not beat it hands down.

Honda HRU195 Mower. Had mine for 6+ years and it still starts firtst time everytime. Get it serviced once a year and its happy.

Seriously i've owned honda Cars (Integra and CRV), Bikes (XR's and CBR's), The mower HRU195 and Whipper Snipper as well. Every single honda product i've eer had has never failed me and if it has its cause it was my fault.

Cannot recommend them highly enough.

I've used the same generic brand mower for the last 13 years. I bought it at a mower shop in Hornsby Sydney. It has a Briggs & Stratton motor. Still starts first pull every time. I drain and change the oil about every 12 to 18 months, and have replaced the blades a few times.

My previous mower was a Victa 2 stroke. It was a bitch of a thing, and would only start if I took the plug out, and dipped the end in powdered graphite. It would then start only when it was cold. If it stalled when hot, my mow day was over. I finally got so frustrated with it that I took to it with a log splitter, and showed it who was boss. You have no idea of the wonderful calm feeling that gave me when it was over. Sort of like you feel after downing 3 or 4 of your best HBs.

i tried searching but most had no prices and only the info they wanted you to have so i was just after opinions on the new mowers and what people thought about it.
our current mower is a pain in the arse and wont start easily

That's good advice to get something with a brand-name engine of some sort, whether honda, B&S or whatever. There are some mowers on sale around the place lately which seem very cheap, but they have chinese-made engines.
I'm thinking of GMC in particular.
Time will tell whether they last long, but I reckon it's buyer beware.

UMK422 1HP 4-Stroke Brush cutter, now only $499.00 Click Here for more Details.

HRU 195 5HP 4-Stroke lawn mower with catcher, now only $775.00 Click Here for more Details.

Brushcutter.jpg

Mower.jpg

Although i do agree on the briggs and stratton, my brother is a light engine mechanic (mowers, bikes etc) and heloves the B&S too as well as honda.

my old man has a honda but i wasnt sure about the others

Honda is the Toyota (or Lexus?) of small engines. The only downside is they are pricey now.

anyone in sydney work at a mower shop, cause mine just shit itself big time and im looking to replace it but am unsure about the current models. id rather deal with a member of this forum than anyone else?
anyone in the other states have any advice on the new models?

where are you at ? i know a good mate that owns a shop in western sydney. depends what your budget is, i have a briggs and stratton both push and ride-on. used the push one last week after not been used for a year started after the second pull. after changing fuel.

You'll need some good lawn mower beers once you're sorted.

Ever thought of a hand mower? I've just been given one and they're really not hard to push at all.

ALKO site

One for sale on ebay

I'm sure there are other manufacturers. I think mine cost $100 or so without catcher.

ended up buying the honda now only have to wait for the gf to try it out on the weekend

nice one, you will not be dissapointed! honda for life!

I use to be a victa mower fan, but I brought a new one recently and was a little disappointed that it did not have the same grunt that my old mower had (suppose to be the same HP) but the carbie has been throated back, need to be able to give it just a little bit more stick after it is broken in a little. No water no rain in brissy has slowed down the lawn mowing process of late.

Ever thought of a hand mower? I've just been given one and they're really not hard to push at all.

ALKO site

One for sale on ebay

I'm sure there are other manufacturers. I think mine cost $100 or so without catcher.
ALKO.... what an appropriate name!

Gotta love the handmower!
Great for those tiny yards they make these days for townhouses & duplexes.
I scored mine for free, when my father in laws tennants moved out and left their sh!t behind.
I think it's a flymo. Never breaks down, don't have to worry about fuel, and gives me a workout.
It doesn't have a catcher though, and it does take longer. But I ain't complaining.

The next door neighbours have massive front & back yards, and they went out and bought an electric mower!
Seriously it's a benny hill show watching them "mow". The thing can't handle long grass, they were working as a team feeding the extension leads (all joined together of course!), and it took frikkin' HOURS for them to do.

ALKO site

One for sale on ebay

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARG!!!

My push mower annoys me so much its just not funny.

The handle section loves to seperate from the mower section and does so repeatedly. If I could change my mower to a petrol one I would do it right away without hesitation.

i just bought this bad boy after my old man's victor dies (which he had for 20 odd years).

TORNADO 300
Fitted with the reliable, easy to start, high torque Victa ECO TORQUE 'VE50' 2-stroke engine.
: . Tornado 300 Victa 2-stroke Model # T3S482
Engine Chassis Function Warranty
Victa ECO TORQUE VE50 19" steel Cut & Catch 2 years

Gotta love the auto choke. its its not cutting its revvs doen and idles, once it hits grass it revvs up appropriately. its awsome. i think its about $400. but it will last 25yrs so its worth it

Latest posts

Back