Need A Straight Answer!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The brews tasted really bad, but I have no idea what an infection tastes like. From all reports, once a brew kicks off and starts bubbling, infections are rare to get? I never had a problem with the yeast taking more than half a day to well and truly be bubbling.
All things were sterilized with bleach, boiling water and/or sanatizer. Bottles the same, but not relevent as the brew never smelt or tasted good from the fermenter.
As far as hydrometer, I can't remember because the last time I brewed was 5 years ago, I know I used it, but don't know what the readings were, probably close to what it should be.

You should probably start a new thread for this. What water did you use to top up the fermenter?

FYI,
It's 31 deg in my garage today where my esky modified to take my fermenter is. I put a 2 litre and 1.25 litre frozen bottle in this morning and the temp is holding steady at about 24 deg. I could put more frozen bottle in but I'm happy with the 24 deg.

I'm searching ebay at the moment for cheap fridges to put a thermostat controller in. Should be able to set up for about $100. My local HBS has a couple set up in his shop.

Cheers.
you should read here more often :eek:
A bloke was on here from Brisbane a few days ago with a working fridge to give away.

stagga.

a lot of people sit the fermenter in a big deep tray of water with a towel draped over it into the water (the towel stays wet due to some kind of wicking thing) with a fan blowing on the whole shebang, and you can drop quite a few degrees that way.

I've been having the same problem.. Adelaide is cold these days, but even with having brew off the carpet in a spare room, windows open and fan on 24/7 i've been averaging a touch over 20.. I figured the towel and bucket of water would encourage infection... Safe???

Latest posts

Back