Nectar - West End Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lord Raja Goomba I

Prisoner of Sobriety
Reaction score
Hi all,

Went to archive bar for the first time, to pick up a couple of bottles of the LC Single Batch. None there, but the LC rep said quietly to head around the corner to the nectar bottle shop.

So I did. They had it, happy days.

The bloke I was talking to in the shop, seemed to actually know something about beer. As it stands, they have a kegerator there, and what they are planning on doing is getting a keg of "not available in bottle" beer - the one there was a Murrays IPA (very hoppy and nice and bitter, he gave me a try, a la Ross from CB size). You can then BYO bottle (or get one of their 700ml (I think) swingtops) and fill up from the tap.

Notwithstanding handling issues of doing the above, et al, it seems like there is a real effort by these two places to cater to a specific market. Some of the brews in each are just mind blowing. I made a long trip to go there and they have some really good looking stock there, massive ranges. So much so, I'll save a few bob and go there and stock up on a number of bottles and go home and taste.

After trying every craft (or craft-esque) brew from Dan's, it's nice to find a couple of places to try some really bizarre stuff.

Still haven't drunk the LC SB though. Was unhappy yesterday and I have a rule about drinking whilst unhappy.

Goomba

I drink when I'm unhappy. I thought that was the idea :blink:
Good job we didn't know about that on Thursday or Tidal Pete would have brought his growler with him and been absolutely uncontrollable on the train on the way home :p

Still pouring Pot Kettle Black by Yeastie Boys from NZ according to their site. Very nice Black IPA.
get it and fill up your containers so I can try something else :)

Still pouring Pot Kettle Black by Yeastie Boys from NZ according to their site. Very nice Black IPA.
get it and fill up your containers so I can try something else :)

Hmmm, I was there on the 10th and they had Sundown Lager on :( .
Pot Kettle Black sounds a hell of a lot better.

I went there yesterday. Bought a growler of pot kettle black. I think I blew the keg sorry guys.

freakin rad shop by the way!!!

I went there yesterday. Bought a growler of pot kettle black. I think I blew the keg sorry guys.

freakin rad shop by the way!!!
Well from my point of view that's great news because it should mean something new on tap :)
I'd already had a go at the Pot Kettle Black...

Sundown was there to give some more mainstream brewers (and wallets) something to have - just to get the growler thing talked about.

Goomba

So I gathered from the conversation at Nectar. Unfortunately I'd gone there hoping for a beer geek breakfast - It'll teach me to phone first next time. The refilling station is a great idea.

So I gathered from the conversation at Nectar. Unfortunately I'd gone there hoping for a beer geek breakfast - It'll teach me to phone first next time. The refilling station is a great idea.
Dangerous when my wife works within walking distance :) We have a growler and two of the tallie swingtops they use too...

Latest posts

Back