near melbourne try my beer :)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vittorio

Reaction score
Ey guys, for along while ive been building a little micro brewery set up, anyway my prototype beers will be delivered to a brand new pub in Melbourne on Monday the pub only opened two weeks ago. i want opinions on my beer before i make a lunch party/start trying to sell em. the beers that will be on tap are a ginger beer 6.0% and golden ale 3.5%. the bar is https://www.facebook.com/billyslane.thebar?ref=br_tf. I will like brewers opinion so i will know if i should fix my brews up or something :) cheers :)

Well you are competing with $10 massive bottles of sol so it will be tough for your beer to get a look in...

Which one was the sarcasm font again?

Good luck, they seem to be advertising to students & backpackers so hopefully your beer is reasonably priced.

there loads of students in that area since there is uni student accommodation close by

Good to hear you've got your beer on tap Vittorio.

Just curious as to why you decided to go for a lighter abv beer? I have started mucking around with the lower alcohol beers, but I am old a responsible now. When i was a younger man drinking at bars in the city or backpacking around I would have turned my nose up at any thing below 4.8%, yet these seem to be the clientele at the pub in question.

Anyway just a thought, good luck with it all. If I'm around that part of the world I'll be sure to pop in and have a go at one.

Cheers

Luke

good question, i brew so i can drink, if i wont drink it i wont brew it and i love the taste on my 3.5% golden ale. these are only prototypes and i can change the recipe easily. if the golden ale doesn't do so well and alot more people are complaining bout the alch content i will be happy enough to change the recipe so it can be much more stronger :)

If your really interested Dolphin brewery in Daylesford runs a weekend course in setting up a micro brewery. He brews on a 50 L system and sells his beers at farmers markets the area.

Just don't ask him to show you how to make beer, if he's Dolphin Best Bitter Ale is anything to go by he has no idea.

http://www.dolphinbrewery.com.au/about.html

Yob said:
What licences were needed to do this?
I am also curious about this.
My understanding was that there is a lot of legislation around the PRODUCTION of beer for sale. Not just the selling of the beer?

a shitload of licences, there around 7 last time i counted them in my folder. they werent the most challenging thing to get but its frekin time consuming since everyone wants a piece of the pie if you now what i mean. b4 applying for liquor you will have to get the propper permits from the council eg planning/building. dont forget the abn and acn since thats one of the first things they asked on the liquor forms. the type of liqour license depends on ur brewery, i had a sit down chat with the liquor licensing people to discuss the best licence. dont forget the tax paperwork which is a headache. this is only at the top of my head, i will like to go in detail but i need to look through my folder and stuff

Ouch...

2015-12-02 19.24.28.jpg

Damn. That'd be heart breaking. No insurance? Damn.

Hope it wasn't an AHB STC1000 build gone wrong...

First thing I thought too.. Doubt it though, I rekon it'd just be too much draw and no 3 phase, article said fixed wiring

Not great for the owners at all. I think the moral of the story is though, make sure you insure your gear/business, just in case.

Latest posts

Back