National Homebrew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've bought heaps of stuff from HBHB / National Home Brew, always excellent service, advice and delivery. Martin is happy to give good advice on recipes, hardware and techniques. Hops, grains etc. are always at a good price.

Ordered 400gms of hops on Thursday with extremely competitive postage. Despite the AA% not being on the website, it was on the packets which i perfect, and then I even found a surprise of BRY-97 with a handwritten note wishing me luck brewing the style I'm looking for - so they actively noticed I'd be brewing an AIPA/APA soon! :)

Will shop with these guys again!

Yep. I am just waiting for a few things to get up on their site before I place another order.

I received my stir plate today, this is a nice bit of kit. Not sure if I will be using the heating function much but why not have it anyway? It's been running around 30 minutes and has reached a temperature of 61C. Will it reach sterilizing temperatures?

Looks like a great value stir plate, fantastic service as well, cheers Martin :beerbang:

Batz

stirrer 002.JPG

Was able to get a 1L to 65 o C and hold it there for 20 odd minutes Batz. Took a while. Personally, I think the heater function is best used for doing adjustments to the temp of larger starters and the pasteurisation is probably best done by boiling the starter. Should do some more testing of 2,3 and 5L batches to see what they're capable of. I was a little sceptical that the 5L would be stable on the base, but alas, even fumble thumbed teenagers didn't manage to upset it.

Overall, happy to have these units in store.

Mine cops a fair flogging.

Glad you like it.

Cheers,
Martin

HBHB said:
Was able to get a 1L to 65 o C and hold it there for 20 odd minutes Batz. Took a while. Personally, I think the heater function is best used for doing adjustments to the temp of larger starters and the pasteurisation is probably best done by boiling the starter. Should do some more testing of 2,3 and 5L batches to see what they're capable of. I was a little sceptical that the 5L would be stable on the base, but alas, even fumble thumbed teenagers didn't manage to upset it.

Overall, happy to have these units in store.

Mine cops a fair flogging.

Glad you like it.

Cheers,
Martin

I have 1.5lt on it, it's up to 80C now.

Seems it gets up to around 82C, so fairly hot.

002.JPG

Received my IPA glasses yesterday afternoon Martin. Quick postage and well packaged. Nice one. Will definitely be buying from you again.

Batz said:
Seems it gets up to around 82C, so fairly hot.
Definately on the to-buy list for me Batz.

Web site looks good. Just a thought, maybe have an option to change from a grid view to a list view of the products without the pictures (grain all looks the same, as do wyeast packs). That way you can probably fit a lot more on a page without having to scroll..

Thanks Stienberg, will have a chat to the developers and programmers and see if it's viable. Still loading individual pics for the grains etc. the checker pattern pics are indicative only. Never enough hrs in the day.

Appreciate the feedback.
Martin

Just ordered some stuff from Martin today. Great customer service. Highly recommend.

If we are pumping tyres here then...

Took the weekend special of the stirplate - heated - and some other odds and sods...

Made a comment on my order - was replied to the next day, with an extensive answer.

Delivery arrived, packed - AMAZINGLY - I am talking 5L flask and not a chance it could be broken the way it was packed.

Highly recommended seller.

Stirplate has been running for 24 hours and the fact I am using to make meth is even better!

2g

IMO.

Can you control the heat independent of the stir action?

As in, is there control for the temperature?

Yob said:
Can you control the heat independent of the stir action?

As in, is there control for the temperature?

Temperature is on or off, this is independent of the stir action of course.

Batz said:
Temperature is on or off, this is independent of the stir action of course.
I wonder if you could rig it up to an STC1000 or similar and run the heat through a controller... that'd be super :)

I wonder if you could rig it up to an STC1000 or similar and run the heat through a controller... that'd be super :)

Perhaps, really I don't know what you would use the heat for? Dissolving DME maybe?

Batz said:
Perhaps, really I don't know what you would use the heat for? Dissolving DME maybe?
Be handy to maintain temps out in the shed in Winter... probably more applications for those of us not swaggering about in shorts and thongs all year :lol:

Latest posts

Back