Nasa Burners In Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

len

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get NASA burners in Sydney?
G+G has the burner + reg for $130, but I'm fearing the shipping costs on top of that.

I might be able to get away with doing single-batch boils with two 10,000 BTU standard burners, but I'm a pyro, so any excuse is a good one!

Len,

Email them and I think you'll be surprised by the cost of the shipping. I paid $132ish all up for mine ($120 for the burner + reg, Approx $12 for the shipping).

Arrived in three days.

No affiliation, but a very happy customer.

Thommo.

Yeah I recently got one sent to SE QLD and was $140.00 delivered, they only charge aust. post rates and i think they calculate it at 7kg (burner + reg).

I just got a NASA burner on 55cm high stand with adjustable high pressure regulator for $79.95 at rays outdoors west terrace Adelaide Maybe give the ones in Sydney a call. They also had 9kg gas bottles for $28.50 and free refill if you spent over $50.00, so Im loving it, $108.50 for the burner, stand, hp regulator and full 9kg gas bottle.
RIMG0690.JPG

I just got a NASA burner on 55cm high stand with adjustable high pressure regulator for $79.95 at rays outdoors west terrace Adelaide Maybe give the ones in Sydney a call. They also had 9kg gas bottles for $28.50 and free refill if you spent over $50.00, so Im loving it, $108.50 for the burner, stand, hp regulator and full 9kg gas bottle.
View attachment 8882

Thanks for that price Chris - they have 20% off at the moment, so I presume that's including that reduction?

How does the Ray's version compare to others you've seen? I'm dead keen to save money, so if I can pick up a burner, bottle and stand for just over $100, then I'd be stoked!

Cheers

Sounds gold, I might pick one up from Ray's! I was going to get a 3 or 4 ring but I might skip it and go straight to the nasa! Fire away.

View attachment 8882

I got myself one of these from Rays today. Rushed home to try my new toy to discover I'm having trouble getting it to boil a few L of water in an hour let alone a batch of AG in 15 mins. Is anyone else having/had the same trouble? How open should I have the mixture plate?

All the way open.
Though the burner may need to burn some paint out of the mixer and have a good run before it will idle down low with the airplate fully open.
Can you wind all the gas into it ?

With my flat bottom pot that covered the complete burner, it performed very averagely. Lift them pot up ~20mm and away you go. Full throttle not a drama.
Kegs have a chine on the bottom and don't seem to matter. Big flat bottom pots are a different story.

Through the magic of the AHB search function I have found that Rays Outdoors sell the wrong regulator with thier burner.

Looks like I'm in the market for a high presure regulator.

Yeah i find that if i sit my keg boiler straight on the stand it chokes the flame and just stinks of gas :(

I put some broken tiles, prolly inch thick between boiler and stand, and it's boiling in no time :)

Sorry to hear that zierschy,
when I first ran mine I had trouble with flame lift off on one side of the burner so I pulled the mixer apart and cleaned the slots up with a small round file. now it cranks.
Looks like our chinese friends arn't keeping up with their QC.

Edit, the mixer; where the hot, burny stuff comes out.

I found a four-ring burner rated at 52MJ/hr for $79 at BBQs Galore in Artarmon yesterday. Didn't buy it, though - I'll sit my kettle on top of my BBQ (with the long thin burners) as that's apparently hot enough for now.

I caved!

I've just ordered an 'outdoor burner' from G+G.

I'm currently trying to boil my first AG batch of 30L on three strips of a bog-standard BBQ. It'll boil, just not with the lid off. I'll be getting a very caramelised beer coming up, if I have to simmer it for a few hours to reduce the volume.

I have been using a 3 ring burner for years. No problems at all. It has also made a guest appearance at a Chilean BBQ to cook Paella. Can't see a reason to change yet.
Cheers
Gerard

I have been using a 3 ring burner for years. No problems at all. It has also made a guest appearance at a Chilean BBQ to cook Paella. Can't see a reason to change yet.

mmm paella... almost as good as beer! I almost bought a four ring burner the other day. But nothing succeeds like excess, right? :) NASA all the way...my workmates have made such a deal of expecting me to turn up with singed eyebrows/etc that I can't disappoint them now :)

Back