My Very First Bottle Of My Own Beer!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats dude. It look lovely. I love that icey cold sheen on the bottle and glass. Makes me thirsty =).

Nice. I see on your blog a pic of a glass of beer and a half full bottle of brew. You should be decanting the bottle all in ONE motion into a jug and watching for the sediment o slowly come to the neck and stop there. About 10 mill remains in bottle. When you put the bottle back down after a 'half pour' you are mixing the sediment up with the nice cleared and finned beer :) Ok if you like cloudy and yeasty tasting beer

The a great start to a great hobby!

Great read. Congrats on a successful first brew. I hope mine is as successful as yours!

Well done Aidan, a huge grats mate.. nothing like drinking your own!

Oh, except pouring you own on tap...

And Oh, and mixing up your own grain bill...

And oh, mashing in a mash tun you spent hours labouring over...

ETC!

It is a slippery slope my friend!

But seriously, welcome to the clan! :icon_chickcheers:

Nice. I see on your blog a pic of a glass of beer and a half full bottle of brew. You should be decanting the bottle all in ONE motion into a jug and watching for the sediment o slowly come to the neck and stop there. About 10 mill remains in bottle. When you put the bottle back down after a 'half pour' you are mixing the sediment up with the nice cleared and finned beer :) Ok if you like cloudy and yeasty tasting beer

You know what mate, I must like yeasty beer or else have an undiscerning palette - I did not detect an obvious difference in the second and 3rd glass poured. I left a bit in the bottom of the bottle at the end but even swigged all of it back straight out of the bottle - didn't want to waste a precious drop! And you know what, it tasted damn good!

You know what mate, I must like yeasty beer or else have an undiscerning palette - I did not detect an obvious difference in the second and 3rd glass poured. I left a bit in the bottom of the bottle at the end but even swigged all of it back straight out of the bottle - didn't want to waste a precious drop! And you know what, it tasted damn good!

Wait until you start farting... Your wife will stop your yeast drinking in a real hurry... I'm with you though... Tasty!

Congrats on the loss'o'cherry... There's many more years of happy brewing to come.

Hound...

Gee..vegemite is made from YEAST..so all vegemite eaters "pass wind"

Vegemite dates back to 1922 when the Fred Walker Company, which became Kraft Walker Foods in 1926 and Kraft Foods Limited in 1950, hired a young chemist to develop a spread from one of the richest known natural sources of the vitamin B group - Brewers Yeast.

Gee..vegemite is made from YEAST..so all vegemite eaters "pass wind"

Thought it was a yeast extract? More than likely dead anyways... Correct me if I'm wrong...

Dormant yeast in HB? Love all those sugars and goodies in your gut... goes out the wrongin... You'll see Aidan... More than likely tomorrow

Thought it was a yeast extract? More than likely dead anyways... Correct me if I'm wrong...

Dormant yeast in HB? Love all those sugars and goodies in your gut... goes out the wrongin... You'll see Aidan... More than likely tomorrow

yep had some of the nastiest since i started HB!! :beerbang:

no worries, I'll have a spoon of sodium met before I hit the sack and she'll be alright

Sorry to disappoint lads, but no significant farting to report this morning. Might make a good episode of Myth Busters though...

Keep us updated of any movements.

Latest posts

Back