My Rogers Clone Recipe Tastes Great

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the light it looks about the same actually!
IMG_20180103_183654833_HDR.jpg

[SIZE=11pt]15 brews in, and after A LOT of lessons learned (infections, alpha acid calcs, use of specialty malts) ...Finally I have brewed something that I am proud of! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]It didn't hit the colour that I wanted, even with the brewers caramel, and it has a little less on the nose than I hoped for...but it was damn tasty! You could not wipe the smile off my face last night when I was drinking it, my wife though I was a fool![/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]12 months of toiling away..no brewing experience, building my own set up and going all grain straight away...last night made it feel like it was all worth it. My best beer yet![/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]But they can always be better, hey! Few more grams/days for the dry hopping and tiny bit of darker malt (suggestions?) to fix the colour and not require me to use my brewers caramel.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Cheer to great beers! [/SIZE]

12145208_1653643624917459_401501980_n.jpg
Hey Deej, Back to this, what recipe will you go with then?
I'm still v happy with the look of the recipe in post #108 + the mods done in post #110.
How's your's coming along?
WRT the hops, I'm sure the Citra would work well. I personally would be keen to see it done as a clone, just to see if we can nail it.
However, I'll do mine as above anyway, so if yours is kinda similar it'll be interesting to gauge the difference Citra makes.
Could you do a double batch? One with cube- or keg-hopped Citra and t'other without?

It's been a while but are you guys still on here?

What is interesting to me is almost all of the recipes suggested include Carapils - my experience is like Brulosophy, it adds nothing but sugars. I haven't failed to get a good head once I got on top of all grain - even on a 2.5% experiment!

Most of my recipes have rather simple grain bills - but I don't need to worry about marketing, all my friends and family like my beer too much already!

There's every possibility that some varying sizes of foam positive polypeptides are present in higher concentration in carapils but it's good that your process produces good foam regardless!

Edit: I should probably add I'd be interested to compare wey and briess carapils as from memory wey is a little more mealy than glassy and I'd suspect the more crystal-like of the two would provide less foam benefit

Hey Nizzle, how's it all hanging?
It's been a while but are you guys still on here?
Basically no.
I have a few threads i've got alerts set for, so i'll occasionally check in when they are triggered.
Google knows where else i've been as i still use my same handle. Otherwise PM me your mobile and i'll text you if you want to discuss Rogers' et al further.

It reminds me i need to give this another crack. Rogers is a great beer, and i thought my last clone was definitely in the ballpark. Just need a few tweaks, such as the hops schedule.
Also, i've tried a few Hargreaves Hill Junior's of late - another excellent hoppy mild. So i'll need to try a few of these after the lager season.

Hey Nizzle, how's it all hanging?

Basically no.
I have a few threads i've got alerts set for, so i'll occasionally check in when they are triggered.
Google knows where else i've been as i still use my same handle. Otherwise PM me your mobile and i'll text you if you want to discuss Rogers' et al further.

It reminds me i need to give this another crack. Rogers is a great beer, and i thought my last clone was definitely in the ballpark. Just need a few tweaks, such as the hops schedule.
Also, i've tried a few Hargreaves Hill Junior's of late - another excellent hoppy mild. So i'll need to try a few of these after the lager season.

Hey sorry to get back so late, I have a pretty funny development after all these years of experimenting, unfortunately not one that will help with the recipe but I'll pm you anyway

Been reading through this... there is a lot of recipes. :)
Does anyone have any opinion on which iteration is the best?
Not concerned about colour, just flavour. Most important to me is the hop presence in the Rogers.

Thanks!

Back