My New Bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itmechanic

Reaction score
Ive just finished my new bar and thought i would post a few photos. I still have to get all the lines, disconnects, manifold, reg and gas bottle. It houses a 276L F&P chest freezer, controlled by a fridge mate. The taps are the new Perlick 525SS.
1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Looking schmick, bloke!

Obligatory Microwave to heat pies too :icon_cheers:

Very neat and tidy - well done! It's going to impress all your guests!

Cheers - Snow.

Very tidy use of a small space, I love it and will add it to my ideas list.

Gavo.

Echoing other comments here, really schmick setup that!

So subtle, only a brewer would notice the taps at a quick glance!

Top job!

I have started drawing up plans for my own bar - I live in a small townhouse where space is precious and it is good to see you making good use of that pesky nook!

Thanks for the photos :icon_cheers:

Hey Mate,

Looks awesome...

Q's: Where do the kegs live? any chance of a back bone shot?

kinda what i was thinkin where do the lines kegs and other things reside...

very nice work though !

I took his description to mean that the whole thing is sitting over a chest freezer and if you have a look at the third picture the taps appear to be some distance from the wall leaving room for bits and bobs.

More photos as requested

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

Just a quick question, how flexible is beer line? will it bend enought to go from the back of the freezer to the back of the taps, or will i need some 90 degree elbows?

It's pretty bendy. And if you can bend it, then I recommend it, as cleaning extra sections of line, and elbow joints, is frustrating. (though not all that hard I suppose, I am just lazy). Also, it will be cheaper, and has less chance of a leak anywhere.

Nice job on fitting such a good looking bar into a small space, I reckon you have done well.
The wooden front is particularly nice :icon_cheers:

Just a thought: What sort of taps are they? Will you need a lot of line to get the system balanced? If so then you can easily role the beer line into a good angle to fit the back of the taps.

Good luck

Marlow

thats pretty HAWSOME!!!!

looks good, looks well made and well thought out too

Just a quick question, how flexible is beer line? will it bend enought to go from the back of the freezer to the back of the taps, or will i need some 90 degree elbows?
Some brands of beer line will actually bend and crease, creating a smaller opening for beer to pass through. If you provide enough line so it won't be put in that situation you'll be fine. I was recommended the Valpar Flexmaster stuff and it doesn't fold over in half like one of the other beer lines I purchased previously.

What brews will ya be flowing through those taps mate? Something to get the locals away from Boags?

Back