My New Bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im going to start off with a czech pilsner, IPA and either a porter or dry stout.

Ive got a couple of 38L spartanburg kegs, so i will probobly use those for beers i will be drinking all the time, and 19L kegs for beers i drink occasionally.

Im having a bit of trouble working out beer line lengths. Im using the excel spreadsheet from the forum, and with a temp or 5 degrees, 2.2 volumes of Co2, 0.5 meters height between top of keg and tap, and 3/16" ID beer line (i presume this is the closest to 5mm ID line?) i only get a line length of 0.87 meters! this is way to short to reach the distance, any ideas on what i can do to get a longer line length at 2.2 volumes?

Bravo itMechanic!

Love it. It's neat, compact and well thought out.

:icon_chickcheers:

Chappo

this is way to short to reach the distance, any ideas on what i can do to get a longer line length at 2.2 volumes?

I would try a longer length then shorten and continue to test until you reach a good balance point for your system.

Or change the diameter of the beer line

Im going to start off with a czech pilsner, IPA and either a porter or dry stout.

Ive got a couple of 38L spartanburg kegs, so i will probobly use those for beers i will be drinking all the time, and 19L kegs for beers i drink occasionally.

Im having a bit of trouble working out beer line lengths. Im using the excel spreadsheet from the forum, and with a temp or 5 degrees, 2.2 volumes of Co2, 0.5 meters height between top of keg and tap, and 3/16" ID beer line (i presume this is the closest to 5mm ID line?) i only get a line length of 0.87 meters! this is way to short to reach the distance, any ideas on what i can do to get a longer line length at 2.2 volumes?

This Spreadsheet will help bloke :)
Cheers
Doug
Edit: PS Just added a link to Crozdogs Spreadsheet which has been updated to give corrent line length for 3/16 line.

View attachment Keg_Chart.xls

crozdogs chart ftw. I'm sure the later version has 5mm...

one suggestion if I could....after having used the chart as a guide to set up, don't blow it by overcarbing your kegs, which will then result in headscratching and temper tantrums :lol: .
My suggestion for a new setup is to have a keg done on 'let er sit on pouring pressure' for a week, or alternatively, force carb at pouring pressure...it just takes longer, like 20 minutes or so of shaking/rolling (which gets it most of the way there, then 24hrs on the gas and it's 100% shmick)....at least that way, you know the carb level isn't a factor if you do have any issues.

nb..shake or roll your keg....use a non return valve. Accident's happen.

Obligatory Microwave to heat pies too :icon_cheers:

All it needs is a hotdog machine!

WOW!, awsome job. Im very impressed.

Thanks for sharing that. Inspirational stuff.

cheers

Excellent setup there...will be bookmarking this thread for future reference.

Just as a matter of interest, what freezer have you used and how many kegs will it hold?

Cheers

Latest posts

Back