My Kegerator Build - In Progress

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gava

I do rather like beer.....
Reaction score
Hello all,

Some of you might remember my planning of a chest freezer kegerator.. I've finally scoped out the plan and started to build..

Here are some picture of what I've done so far.. (Starting with the frame) Im not a wood friendly person so there might be some laughable bits :) enjoy.

The base . This is will hold my freezer and my Cooler box area.. make those joins were a pain in the butt..

med_gallery_9889_608_36091.jpeg

Attaching the lip so it'll hold the freezer inplace..

med_gallery_9889_608_5836.jpeg

Put the freezer in place and mark out the wood.. fits like a dream!
med_gallery_9889_608_55617.jpeg

the frame to date.. ofcourse can't put the back on yet since i have to put the chest freezer in but you get the idea..
med_gallery_9889_608_32861.jpeg
med_gallery_9889_608_72387.jpeg

EDIT: one of those pictures make it look like the frame is leaning.. its just the photo.
Stay tuned to future additions... if its anything like my plan it should be alright.. and i hope i get it done before next year :)

For a bloke who reckons he isn't wood friendly that is damb awsome.
With all of the bracing in the corners that bad boy is going to be bomb proof

Mate, nice photos.
This is almost exactly what I'm planning to build for my kegerator. Lifting it on castors is a great idea especially with a small space for the gas. That little bit of extra height for the taps will Gwt it to a more comforatble height to pour. I'll be cladding he outside of mine with decking boards and hanging a drip tray off the collar.

Nice works. Keep the updates coming. :icon_cheers:

Just a quick update... Pretty much finished the frame.. Now ready to start to do the lid , tower and coolerbox oh and the caster wheels..

Little surprised tha the chest freezer fits like a dream.. mind you since i took the rollers off the bottom of the freezer its higher at the front so I have to put some wood under the back of it to make it level.

its pretty solid, not going to die any time soon.

med_gallery_9889_608_126777.jpg

med_gallery_9889_608_58357.jpg

ok so the build is going a little slow :)

I've found some cheap polystyrene and thought i'd make a great cooler box in the kegerator.. here's some happy snaps..

im going to recycle air from the chest freezer once completed.

med_gallery_9889_608_138565.jpg

med_gallery_9889_608_34013.jpg

med_gallery_9889_608_127757.jpg

Looks good, I built similar last year yours looks great. One point though is there a big air gap around the motor vent? It looks in the picture that it may be a bit covered over. It may just be the angle of the pictures.

Happy Building

Shawn

How will you keep the cooler box cold? Is it going to be refrigerated or just like an esky?

yeah the vent is completly uncovered and will have two 90mm Computer fans to extract the air out the side.

the IDEA is to have recirculating air from the chest freezer... obviously be closed up better, im just showing fitting the polystyrene.

How will you keep the cooler box cold? Is it going to be refrigerated or just like an esky?

Ok slow going at the moment since I didn't have the castors.. Castors arrived (alot taller than I thought) they're totaly size high is 100mm so i had to redo the lid design.. although it'll be a little higher than I wanted. Hope it all comes out.

Excuse the crap photo's was using phone..

this is the current kegerator with the carstors on.. as you can see down the bottom right i have two 88mm Computer fans to exhaust the hot air from the compressor.
the fan box up the top right has a 90degree 20mm poly pipe connection which will transfer the air from the cooler to the chest freezer. there are two, this is the top fan (return)
as you can see the castors are connected..

med_gallery_9889_608_5349.jpeg

I've made two 22mm holes in the lid (from the side of the lid to the bottom) this is for the air return (i had to put in the side because the height of the kegerator was getting to high after the castors were put on) i have the return hole with a 90degree poly pipe connection to direct the air across to the other side of the chest freezer.. the other hole will be connected to another fanbox on the step of the chest freezer.

I've brought the gas line in via the old light power hole.. didn't think i'd need the light (im sure I will) but i'd rather gas than light.

med_gallery_9889_608_149409.jpeg

the back of the lid with the gas line going in.. All sealed...
med_gallery_9889_608_153376.jpeg

So its still coming along, since I have the castors on now I can start to fit the outside panels and will start to look like a kegerator..
Lets hope the taps aren't to high to pour the beer or else I'll just have to find smaller castors or a hoverboard..

EDIT: Oh and i thought I'd better see if the gas bottle fit.. and it JUST fit cm perfect... god bless 3d modling programs...

Great build gav

keep up the photo's

I will have to come around and check it out once its finished.

Kleiny

What a beast!! Can't wait to see it when it's finished! Keep the photos coming.

Just a quick update, been away on holidays.. first undercoat put on.
waiting on a font and then top will be done and we should be all good to go..
edit: the door isn't on yet :)
now brewing some beers to put in it :)

med_gallery_9889_608_46944.jpg

quick update, thought I'd better get this done over the long weekend.. this is what i've done so far..

got the driptray and font fitted today.. tomorrow i'll have to take off put the trimming on , paint the undercoat and get it ready..

gallery_9889_608_95043.jpg

Sensational! That is really going together nicely.

Ok , well I got up early my missus is doing school reports (she's a teacher) so I thought I'd finish off the lid..

Mate dropped around a table saw which great!

gallery_9889_608_94757.jpg

coat of paint.. looks better than I expected... now to get the colours the missus picked out..

there was one rule for having it in the house, it had to look inplace and had to match the colours.. SURE! i say :)

med_gallery_9889_608_74560.jpg

looks great,

could I get a looksy (photo) with th lid open etc..

As I need to "hide" the my chesty as it's not the prettiest thing :)

thanks
Matt

will do, im at work at the moment but i'll take a pic tonight.

Latest posts

Back