My First Keg Brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brownegaz

Reaction score
I am about to put down my first brew using a keg instead of bottles I am using a Cooper Irish Stout for the first attempt using 1.25kg of super dark brewing sugar any suggestions welcome.
I dont have a CO2 cylinder yet so holding off till i get the gas sorted which is the best way to go BOC want $131 a year to rent a cylinder and it costs $50 a time to fill a D size cylider my local home brew shop sells small cylinders for $250 and $30 to fill them.

Any comments welcome
I am in Perth
Gary

I'm also about to keg my first brew and would love some info. I don't mean to hijack the threa but I assume once it is kegged you just have to cool and carbonate it and it's ready to go (plus a little aging for taste).

I know there are places to do a cylinder exchange, you but the CO2 cylinder outright and swap it out for a new one when it's empty (similar to gas bottle exchange at service stations I think). I'm not sure of the charges or where you can do it as I can't find the link anywhere. I search for "cylinder exchange" may find it.
Anyone else?

On a side note I just bought 4 kegs from CB, they should be at my place when I get back from up north! :chug:

Ben

Latest posts

Back