My Ag Setup Is Taking Shape

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delboy

Reaction score
HI there guys thought you might like some eye candy have started the nano AG setup just finished the mash /lauter tun .pre fired the kettle to test fittings for leaks and heat up time 10 degs C -100 degs C 30 mins on a 23 jet monglian burner burnt in all painted surfaces mash tun drops 1-2 deg C over one hour 30ltrs @77 degs C down to 76-----5 in 60 mins approx the lid is 5 inches thick with a 10mm hd foam seal and the walls are s/s salvaged keg wraped in H/D foam with 20 mm shive cladding and all finished in natural beez wax to seal exterior timbers re-enforced with galve barrel hoops.

no HLT as yet (going for a 30ltr s/s crown urn with step control thermistor)

chill plate on its way the unit is self contained gravity system on a 1.2x 1.2 footprint with fold out step and is in an L shape for maximum stability when packed away rolls on 75 mm industrial castors. the frame work is epoxy coated enamel and oven baked.

tried to keep it simple at this stage but any mods will be done as we progress in to all grain brewing. room for a March pump as well later on down the track. so just have to learn how to use it any helper want to try it at my second run hopefully soon.

DSCF0039.JPG

if i was you i would photoshop that stainless vessel a little...wink wink

well it was ligitimatly purchased from a salvage yard as the coupler fitting was
damaged it was not obtained from the mid night mart like some..

Mate thats a great set up.

I would love to go for a timber surround on my HLT and MT. ATM all i have is some foam taped up with duct tape and its rough and i hate it.

could ytou take come more photos with more etail of how you timber lined them please :)

cheers

NO WORRIES tony on there way just to let everyone know! incase there is concerns about the kegs the kettle was purchased at paramount browns in adelaide and the keg for the mash tun was found in spencer gulf at christmas after the big storm we had up here, our boat ran over it and it was pretty dull looked as if it was floating a while took me alot of elbow greas to clean it up and the coupler fitting and spear was removed thats why we hit it it was semi submerged . Also i don't nick what i need as in a small town when you own a business its not realy the done thing.
i did take the keg to the cop shop to see if there was any problems and they said turn it in to a crab cooker like most folks do. i laughed and went home .

the set up from a new angle sorry about the size of pics and number of posts but i don't got a photoshop prog yet.

DSCF0043.JPG

oh yes the last one here the burner and deflecter plate "yes the plate gets hot but not red hot just damm hot" so i guess it works as it deflects the heat via the 10mm draft spacing "the gap between the kettel and the plate"
also you did see right i forgot to mention in the first post the on board water filtration system . its all wheel out and plug and play.

Picture1AG_SET_UP.jpg

Looks fantastic Delboy :super: A credit to you sir :)

cheers Ross

look even nicer with that plate chiller installed :)

del

yes vlad i,m a wild hog! but its my daughters soft tail coral reef you can see.

but the trainer wheels are mine? :ph34r:
del

look even nicer with that plate chiller installed :)

del

Was mailed today - So you'll have Monday :)
Looking forward to giving those 11L kegs a good home B)

Cheers Ross

wtf happened to your shed
did you murder someone or something.
just trying to hide the evidence.

but seriously now, great setup, the clean shed, the brewing rig and the hot pink hog.

Thanks for sharing gives me a few ideas. :chug:

Nice :super:

looking fwd to detailed pics of how the mash tun went together.

cheers

i wish i did drop in for a beer on Sunday Delboy (but I forgot to bring your phone number)
Nice work!

Hoolio man i know what you mean the shed is a mess !!!!LOL

i am not a clean freeK by no means in the shed its just that i had a clean out the day before you should have seen the trailer. it was full of every one elses shed junk that they through away but i managed to squeeze some more use out of it before passing it down to the next horder. :D

we do deliver an 5 x 10 trailer of full of junk to VIRGIN sheds that need that WORKED IN appeal ??? LOL

i was soooo excited that i forgot to take the photos during the construction . how ever as most of you might be a little inventive the process is very easy the only hard thing was compressing all the shives about 5mm at the same time to install the hoops. if there is any member who wants to do this in adelaide and is willing to come for a beer or ten at the torchwood brewery (my brewery name) i WILL GLADLY help you do YOUR mash tun .i would welcome you for the day and even give you a bed for the night to sleep off the hard work. but realy it only takes aday to do the coversion .the lid is then measured off the whole thing and so is the bottom plate and routed up in a couple of minutes .providing i glue the T&G together. its all made with 20mm t&g .
And yes we would take photo,s for a tutorial on the site with dimentions so all can do this satisfing prject.
I WILL need to know in advance so i can buy the timber and glue the lids before hand and then you can have a greatday doing your own tun for the price of the materials and you will have a great day as well I dont charge to use my pwr tools as i will do it with you.
cost for most of it is around 50 bucks wich should in clude a KMART camp mat or bring your own camping mat i have plenty of odd hardware bits around so there no big out lay.
DELBOY

Latest posts

Back