Mundine... Fickle Isn't He?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmm....

So we'll be seeing those cartwheels again eh? :lol:

Warren -

Saw him interviewed on Footy Show last night ...where he was asked if this was just a stunt to raise publicity for his upcoming world title fight! Of course, he reckons it isnt, but ....

The Man usually follows through with these sorts of things ...so, chances are we will yet see him running around the park again in June/July. :blink:

I think he is exciting for rugby league.
Even if he does say stupid things sometimes and come off as a bit of a wanker.
He is a good player, even though he probably overates himself, but that is all part of his "the man" talk which most people now come to expect and dismiss as him just talking himself up.
That's what most american boxers and sportsmen are like (or maybe it's just those ones that get the media coverage...)

Also think that by announcing he is going back to league now, if he loses his fight in May it won't look like he's going back to league cause he lost and is giving up on fighting.
He can say it was always planned.

Rich

He is a decent player and a decent boxer. He was pure entertainment as a boxer. I just think it's amusing what NRL has now, it's turning into a soap opera with all the antics going on... maybe if all the effort went into expanding the one-dimensional play...
But back to Mundine...

I don't mind going on record as saying I am a long time fan of the man. At least in part because I have supported the Dragons since I was knee-high to a mash-tun. But there is no denying the skills he displayed and success he had as a footballer. Turning his back on that to have a go at boxing was an incredibly brave thing to attempt. And that he made it all the way to achieving a world title is a profound testimony to his extreme athletic abilities. Personally I don't think he has anything to prove and don't think he should go back to footy. It is certainly a big call to expect to be able to do both sports. I'd imagine the sheer differences in physical conditioning would make it impossible to be at your best in both; I believe he had to lose 10 kg or so from his footy playing build to make it as a boxer. How does he reconcile that? What I'm saying is that it would be an even more amazing thing if he pulled this off, and while I'm sceptical and would prefer he consolidated his achievements in boxing, I would not put it past him to succeed and wish him all the best. Also, don't be entirely surprised if this comes to nothing.

Steve

Latest posts

Back