Mt Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look forwrd to that beer as well.
.... how did they get a hold of Katya ????????? .... as far as I know the only Katya in existence is the new batch(brewed by Rosta) that has just gone on tap and a stray keg of the original batch that was lost and can now be found again at one of the local pubs (apparently it is tasting fantastic) There was only ever a VERY small hand bottled run done that was snapped up by people from the brewery and some locals.
Wouldn't mind a bottle of the original batch myself....

Bearded dragon is pouring Katya according to one of my workmates who was there on Saturday.
+1 for a bottle FCIH :) .

Its good to hear some bottles have made their way to some Brisbane bottlos!

And its been too long since I've been up the mountain. Want to keep this one going!

do you know which ones...ive gotta buy beer tonight?

Bearded dragon is pouring Katya according to one of my workmates who was there on Saturday.
+1 for a bottle FCIH :) .

Is the bearded dragon anything like the bearded clam :lol:

cheers

Paul

I'd like to find the Yippy IPA bottles here in Brizzy....

I understand if you go to the brewery with your MT club card tomorrow (Sunday May 23) you get your 1st beer free! It was on their facebook page today.

I read this about MT Brewery ... should we be worried?
Was thinking of taking a drive up there tomorrow but if they don't have any beer and Eagle Heights is closed... there isn't much point.

Somebody in the know tell me they aren't going down....

Was thinking of taking a drive up there tomorrow but if they don't have any beer and Eagle Heights is closed... there isn't much point.

As far as I know they are fine however, the head brewer recently left to pursue an opportunity at Murray's.

As far as I know they are fine however, the head brewer recently left to pursue an opportunity at Murray's.

+1 - beersom is now down acting as an assistant brewer at Murrays. He was only acting as a consultant AFAIK - I'm not too sure what has happened/is happening to the head brewer Rosta. I was at MT 3-4 weekends ago and everything seemed fine to me. Andre the owner is too smart of an operator to let his venture fall over - if there is a brewer's position going at MT there is no doubt that he will have a plan and will be putting it in action before anyone knows...

+1 - beersom is now down acting as an assistant brewer at Murrays. He was only acting as a consultant AFAIK - I'm not too sure what has happened/is happening to the head brewer Rosta. I was at MT 3-4 weekends ago and everything seemed fine to me. Andre the owner is too smart of an operator to let his venture fall over - if there is a brewer's position going at MT there is no doubt that he will have a plan and will be putting it in action before anyone knows...

Sorry, didn't mean to alarm anyone. I don't think the venture is not in any danger and I've been told there is a new brewer starting soon (maybe started already). I'm sure they will be back strong as before. I was just noting that they are running low at the moment. Been there a couple of times over the last few weeks and at the moment they only have 3 beers in bottles for take-aways (pils, IPA, Sonntag) and the number of beers unavailable on tap even seems to be growing...ie. no Imp Stout, no Black Cockatoo, no Cuvee Blonde, no Bridget, no Blonde Plus. Maybe the new brewer will put up a new menu but at this stage there are a few beers scrubbed off the menu board. Looking forward to seeing what happens/changes.

*Whew* Good. I was a bit concerned for a bit.

I was wondering what happened to Rosta, a Czech brewer that took over when Ian left the 1st time.

I do miss the Mountain Bitter, which they haven't had in awhile now.

As far as I know everything is OK up there... it's a huge operation, and I reckon the profits they make in the cheese outlet would keep the brewery afloat anyway :lol:

I sure as hell hope they stay open... with Eagle Heights out of business, my little operation would be screwed it MT closed down...

Sorry, didn't mean to alarm anyone. I don't think the venture is not in any danger and I've been told there is a new brewer starting soon (maybe started already). I'm sure they will be back strong as before. I was just noting that they are running low at the moment. Been there a couple of times over the last few weeks and at the moment they only have 3 beers in bottles for take-aways (pils, IPA, Sonntag) and the number of beers unavailable on tap even seems to be growing...ie. no Imp Stout, no Black Cockatoo, no Cuvee Blonde, no Bridget, no Blonde Plus. Maybe the new brewer will put up a new menu but at this stage there are a few beers scrubbed off the menu board. Looking forward to seeing what happens/changes.

Went to MT on Sunday.

The line up has not improved. Still no Stout on tap or in bottles, they did have st bridget, cuvee, no Brune or pils. Seriously let down, I really wanted to try the stout.

oh and $8 for a plate of chips is crazy.

The set up is pretty good though and it was pretty busy.

They've been updating on Facebook saying that Andre is making Sonntag, Czech Mate, Cuvee, and such, so hopefully the supply will improve.

They've been updating on Facebook saying that Andre is making Sonntag, Czech Mate, Cuvee, and such, so hopefully the supply will improve.

I hope they do the stout too.

Do you have the FB link I couldn't find them.

As far as I know everything is OK up there... it's a huge operation, and I reckon the profits they make in the cheese outlet would keep the brewery afloat anyway :lol:

I sure as hell hope they stay open... with Eagle Heights out of business, my little operation would be screwed it MT closed down...

Don't worry about MT. Take a lot to knock that place over..... Cheese shop most certainly doesn't need to support the brewery

So hows things going up there? I hear Archive in West End wants to get some of your beer on tap but is having a hard time getting any response.

Hope to visit the mountain again soon. Just hoping you have a full line of taps going.

They seem to be into the lagers at the moment. Rainforest Lager brewing now.

Went up there again today and as I was the last three trips.... disappointed. The Rainforest Lager seems to be the only beer they care anything about anymore. It's bland and boring and very mainstream. The Moderation Pale Ale used to be a star. Around 3.3%, but with flavour. You could have a glass of that and still drive the hour fifteen home without worry. The replacement "Moderation Golden Ale" is pale, bland and uninspiring. It's inoffensive, but boring. I hear the Yippy IPA is no more, and the Czechmate Pilsner wasn't available again. As in the previous three trips, the sorry state of affairs cost them not only beer sales, but meal sales too. I seriously hope Andre allows the new brewer some creative licence to brew some interesting beers... it would resurrect their reputation in my eyes.

Back