Mt Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winkle

Teach a man to fish and play golf, and you'll neve
Reaction score
After having our taste buds tempted with a few kegs at the Grand Central this year, StillScottish and I climbed up the Mountain to see the progress of this exciting Brewpub for ourselves. The brewery is operational and the bar fit-out is largely complete but the complex, which will include a cheese factory and restaurant will not be open to the public until later this year. More stainless bling than you can poke a mash paddle at. Thanks a lot to Ian and Andre for letting us wander around drooling and giving us a preview of some of the beers. Beers are currently available at a few locations around Mt Tamborine (including the Fox & Hounds Pub).
View attachment 20484
The brewery
View attachment 20485
A Brewmaster and his kettle
View attachment 20487
Part of the bar area & tanks
View attachment 20486
A really nice fresh sample
View attachment 20488
One of many fonts to belly up to, celli taps of course.

A few hours of responsibly drinking winter warmers later.. :rolleyes:

View attachment 20489
Good thing we weren't binge drinking.

Is that an imperial stout i see on tap?
Looks nice!

Is that an imperial stout i see on tap?
Looks nice!

Katya Russian Imperial Stout - a very smooth and silky (er 8 or 8.5% ABV I think) very drinkable as those who were at the couple of Grand Central parties would know.

How big is that operation?

Looks like a few very large tanks..

BOG

Where is this place in Mt Tamborine? I've never seen it. Do they have a website? Would love to check it out.

Where is this place in Mt Tamborine? I've never seen it. Do they have a website? Would love to check it out.
We are at the end of Gallery walk in Eagle Heights, but we won't be open untill sometime later in the year.
Untill then though we will have beer available at a few venues around the place including the Bearded Dragon at Tamborine who just today put the Pale Ale and Imperial Stout on tap !!

Hey Ian, is the bitter going to be available again anywhere soon? Fond memories of it when I found it at the brewhouse. Can't wait to get a few samples in at the fox and hounds soon for my 30th.......

Hey Ian, is the bitter going to be available again anywhere soon? Fond memories of it when I found it at the brewhouse. Can't wait to get a few samples in at the fox and hounds soon for my 30th.......
Yes, had a few pints of the bitter at the Brewhouse myself!

And I see a bottle of Pepperberry in that winter warmer pic! Yum!

Looks like a great set-up Ian. Will have to head out that way when you officially open. Surely you'll be having a grand opening celebration???
Oh yes, both my wife and I thank you muchly for the invite to the Brewers Night at Grand Central! Didn't catch up with you in the couple hours we were there so we owe you a ((hug))!

F&H is a Top Spot.

F&H is a Top Spot.
Yeah, the wife and I stopped in a couple of weeks ago to have a look and a couple of samples, however she recently lost her licence so I'm designated driver for six months <_< , so my sampling was limited.....

I'm basically at the bottom of the mountain, but still havent found the opurtunity to venture up and visit Ian... :huh:
Mrs Sqyre's been on my back for us head up for a stickybeak but as usual 3 kids and no babysitters ruins everything. :(

We will climb that mountain!!! ...one day.

Sqyre.. ;)

Where's the Fox & Hound?

I'm on the Gold Coast, any directions appreciated.

Cheers

Kev

Where's the Fox & Hound?

Cheers

Kev

Cnr Elevation and Oxenford-Tamborine rd (I think). Basically the bottom of the mountain behind Oxenford.

Where's the Fox & Hound?

Cheers

Kev

Straight from Google Maps Streetview
Fox_n_Hounds.JPG

The address is Cnr of Tamborine and Elevation Drive, Wongawallen, QLD 4210. Zoom in so you can see the intersection, the building stands out on the South West of the intersection. To view the place click on Street View at the top of the map and move the little man so the cross hairs are on Elevation Drive in front of the building.

More info HERE

Just seen this thread and although I haven't been to the brewery I have sampled their beers at the Fox & Hounds.

Slightly off topic but the F&H is an excellent authentic English pub and the food is brilliant, you do have to book in though well in advance, we are off on Sat evening. 6.00pm and looking forward to it.

The beers that I tried previously from Mount Brewery are the Bitter (5.1% I think from memory) ESB was fantastic, bitter, and hoppy; I couldn't pick the type of hops used but it is definetly worth a try, next was the Diana Door's Blonde a very nice brilliant blonde with hop aroma and guessing IBU's around 30-35, similar hop aroma to the bitter; the last beer we tried from the brewery was thier IPA, I personally wasn't over impressed with this one, probably because we had had our lunch and were quite stuffed; it was pretty hard to get down.

Other beers on tap at the F&H were a lager from MT Brewery, Tetley bitter, Guiness and Kilkenny, the Kilkenny and Tetley I've been told is imported but the Guiness made here. I also beleive that they are getting Boddingtons imported and perhaps another English bitter.

Cheers
AC

Diana Door's Blonde a very nice brilliant blonde with hop aroma and guessing IBU's around 30-35,

thier IPA, I personally wasn't over impressed with this one, probably because we had had our lunch and were quite stuffed; it was pretty hard to get down.

Other beers on tap at the F&H were a lager from MT Brewery,
Cheers
AC

Diana Dors blonde has the real name of Moderation Pale Ale - IBU is a bit over 20 ...22ish without checking my notes, drinks bitterer thanks to yorkshire style water

The IPA that you had down there has a real name of NWIPA and was a bit of an experiment made by the commisioning brewer... wait till you try our new IPA Yippy IPA.

The Lager has a real name of Czech Mate and is a decoction mashed Pilsener designed by a Czech brewer.......

and I can confirm that Katya ( our Imperial Stout) is now pouring at The Bearded Dragon along with Moderation pale Ale

Diana Dors blonde has the real name of Moderation Pale Ale - IBU is a bit over 20 ...22ish without checking my notes, drinks bitterer thanks to yorkshire style water

The IPA that you had down there has a real name of NWIPA and was a bit of an experiment made by the commisioning brewer... wait till you try our new IPA Yippy IPA.

The Lager has a real name of Czech Mate and is a decoction mashed Pilsener designed by a Czech brewer.......

and I can confirm that Katya ( our Imperial Stout) is now pouring at The Bearded Dragon along with Moderation pale Ale

Haven't been to the Bearded Dragon but once saw a place called "The Bearded Clam" :p

Cheers

Paul

Back