Mt Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't you worry guys, we hit up Witches Chase. Another definate place to take visitors next time we go up the hill.

Got Triple Brie and a Cow Philly on a plate in front of me right now, tossing up between a glass of '99 Cragie Knowe Cab Sav or a Murays Grand Cru to go with it ;)

Bit gutted that the Distillery was closed though :(

Don't you worry guys, we hit up Witches Chase. Another definate place to take visitors next time we go up the hill.

Got Triple Brie and a Cow Philly on a plate in front of me right now, tossing up between a glass of '99 Cragie Knowe Cab Sav or a Murays Grand Cru to go with it ;)

Bit gutted that the Distillery was closed though :(
Yeah, they're a strange lot at the distillery... seem to be a bit erratic in terms of opening times, and a little eccentric when you meet them :lol:

Apologies for digging up this old thread, but I'll be in the Tamborine/Gold Coast area this weekend and remembered mention of other places here .... the Fox & Hound, Bearded Dragon, Witches Chase. We'll be getting to Mt Tamborine around 2 or 3, and know the brewery closes at 4, so needed some other places to enjoy the brew at.

Sunday We'll be going to the Big Day Off.

Oh yeah, it was fun looking at the pix again!

Apologies for digging up this old thread, but I'll be in the Tamborine/Gold Coast area this weekend and remembered mention of other places here .... the Fox & Hound, Bearded Dragon, Witches Chase. We'll be getting to Mt Tamborine around 2 or 3, and know the brewery closes at 4, so needed some other places to enjoy the brew at.
We no longer supply the Fox and Hound but th bearded dragon has 3 taps ... and due to local demand we are now open till 5

woohoo
cant wait till I'm up that way easter time. :icon_drool2:

We no longer supply the Fox and Hound but th bearded dragon has 3 taps ... and due to local demand we are now open till 5
We arrived about the time you posted this! Had a sampler, collected my free beer... a hoffen Weisse, joined the 'family', then I proceeded to have an MT Bitter & Yippy IPA! I was happy! We stayed at a nice bed & breakfast some few kliks down the Oxenford road, and had dinner at the Fox & Hound. Tried to order the "Fox & Hound Bitter" but was told they didn't have it anymore due to it bing 'unfiltered'. I said 'Too bad.'. The dinners were exceptional though. Didn't make the Bearded Dragon this time, but it will be a place to go next time. My wife liked Mt Tamborine so much she wants to move there!

Whats up the coming long weekend?

Whats up the coming long weekend?

oooh bottled beer available for the first time. VERY limited stock.
aaannnnddd
quite possibly....
cask conditioned IPA through a beer engine on monday.

aaannnnddd
quite possibly....

BOMB! Might have to get up the mountain again sooner rather than later....

aaannnnddd
quite possibly....

Damm! Wished I'd made it up the mountain today!

Good talking beer again on Sat Ian, great beers, as always. Good to see the place so vibrant and busy, great brewpub atmosphere.

Ta,

Screwy

Had a nice visit to the MT Brewery today, and I have to say their Mountain Bitter is still one of the best tasting and enjoyable brews I've had! Sure the Blonde and Brunette is fine, and Yippy IPA goes down well, but it was the MT Bitter that got me going back for a 2nd. Grabbed a mixed Six to take home and enjoy with the great cheeses we got as well (goat feta is on!). Oh yeah, the pub food was tops! One of the best BLTs I've had in awhile, and the wife enjoyed her Waggu-burger. And the chips all disappeared from both our plates as well.

It was a nice day on the Mountain. It was good to see the brewhouse and Wicked Chase Cheese doing so well. Things looked sparse in the restaurant though, but it was the afternoon.

If only some of their brews were available in Brizzy like Stone & Wood is....

Had a nice visit to the MT Brewery today, and I have to say their Mountain Bitter is still one of the best tasting and enjoyable brews I've had! Sure the Blonde and Brunette is fine, and Yippy IPA goes down well, but it was the MT Bitter that got me going back for a 2nd. Grabbed a mixed Six to take home and enjoy with the great cheeses we got as well (goat feta is on!). Oh yeah, the pub food was tops! One of the best BLTs I've had in awhile, and the wife enjoyed her Waggu-burger. And the chips all disappeared from both our plates as well.

It was a nice day on the Mountain. It was good to see the brewhouse and Wicked Chase Cheese doing so well. Things looked sparse in the restaurant though, but it was the afternoon.

If only some of their brews were available in Brizzy like Stone & Wood is....
Top show Snowdog... I was up there around lunchtime too...

Last night I shared, with a mate, a stubby of "St Bridget" that made it's way down from QLD.

Unfortunately I couldn't see it, it was poured into an opaque plastic cup before I could say "umm", but anyway. What a top drop, easily the best Dubbel-style commercial beer I've had. Clovey/spicy on the schnoz, big chocolatey hit in the mouth with the spices and a bit of peachiness in the finish. Dangerously drinkable!

Top show Snowdog... I was up there around lunchtime too...
Ha ! I was there untill about lunch time.
went up on Saturday night to help celebrate a year since final approval for the full complex .... slept in the Kombi overnight and took off around lunchtime. Wish we had known that you guys would be around .... would have stayed for a beer with you.

Our plan was to go Saturday night for the anniversary bbq, but things came up last minute which aborted the drive up. So we did the next best thing and made a snap decision to head up for Sunday lunch. Listened to the live music for a few beers & left around 2. We may have walked by each other Bonj?

Ha ! I was there untill about lunch time.
went up on Saturday night to help celebrate a year since final approval for the full complex .... slept in the Kombi overnight and took off around lunchtime. Wish we had known that you guys would be around .... would have stayed for a beer with you.
I would have liked to have gone up on the Saturday night, but had a 50th birthday to attend, so couldn't make it.

snowdog said:
We may have walked by each other Bonj?
I'd say we probably did!

We'll likely be up there again this Sunday. May stop at Eagle Heights this time as well.

Look forward to an eventual beer with you Ian. Cam Edwards wanted to swap some Katya with me y/day but with the offer of Wild Thing declined I felt that I was being extorted so will hold off til a reasonable trade/sampling may take place!

Look forward to an eventual beer with you Ian. Cam Edwards wanted to swap some Katya with me y/day but with the offer of Wild Thing declined I felt that I was being extorted so will hold off til a reasonable trade/sampling may take place!

Look forwrd to that beer as well.
.... how did they get a hold of Katya ????????? .... as far as I know the only Katya in existence is the new batch(brewed by Rosta) that has just gone on tap and a stray keg of the original batch that was lost and can now be found again at one of the local pubs (apparently it is tasting fantastic) There was only ever a VERY small hand bottled run done that was snapped up by people from the brewery and some locals.
Wouldn't mind a bottle of the original batch myself....

3 words...

Moderation... Pale... Ale :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:

Such a tiny beer, but with the flavour and aroma of a full strength American IPA :icon_drool2: I need to brew something like this!!!

Back