Mt Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stopped up there on Friday after work, was craving the IPA and was told they were brewing it again soon (I thought?). The schwartz was the only beer I tried and seemed to be hitting its straps, the last time I tasted it I was fairly dissapointed. Agree that its gone down hill a bit, I had a long discussion with myself over whether it was worth the trip up the hill when the Beardy has Cooper's Sparkling (and little else) on tap.
Oh and Bonj, the Bearded Dragon still has Moderation on tap (at least they did a fortnight ago...), while it must be getting long in the tooth it still drinks well.

I stopped up there on Friday after work, was craving the IPA and was told they were brewing it again soon (I thought?). The schwartz was the only beer I tried and seemed to be hitting its straps, the last time I tasted it I was fairly dissapointed. Agree that its gone down hill a bit, I had a long discussion with myself over whether it was worth the trip up the hill when the Beardy has Cooper's Sparkling (and little else) on tap.
Oh and Bonj, the Bearded Dragon still has Moderation on tap (at least they did a fortnight ago...), while it must be getting long in the tooth it still drinks well.
Thanks for the tip. Yes, we used to stop into the Bearded Dragon on the way up the mountain before MT was open to the public. Used to enjoy having the Moderation Pale there with lunch.

Went up for a few beers yesterday for a Sunday drive to get out of the heat.First we had the tasting tray consists of Dubbel, Schwarzbier ,Hefe,Rainbow lager.There is no moderation any more there was no pils either. The St Bridget And the black cockatoo where the pick for me very balanced beers.I had a glass of the Yippy IPA and First thought wow the aroma is something then it fades off with a very different taste not offensive but not English flavour .

Overall it was a nice experience up there with the atmosphere with a band and nice lunch,My only criticism is they need a driver beer ,like the mod pale as my wife didn't like the rainbow at all very mega swill to be honest A very nice day for the family plate off chips for $8 dollars for my boy was a bit ex but had some nice beers.

Went to the bearded dragon on the way home Had another Black cockatoo that was all there was and watched the reptile show great day. The wife drove home

sav

Was up on the mountain Saturday and we stopped in for some beer & cheese. All I can say is their brews these days are "tame" as opposed to being "bold" before. The pick was St Bridget, and the Black Cocatoo was alright. My wife said it was different than what she remembered early last year though. As for the Yippy, I got the last beer out of the keg, and it seemed about as good as a Little Creatures Pale.I noted the old 3%is Moderation Pale was re-badged Moderation Golden and is now 2.7%. Obviusly the "driver" beer. Didn't try it though.

Was lucky to visit here last saturday on hols. My wife and I have a talent of sniffing out breweries & wineries wherever we go. :icon_chickcheers:
Great beers but the service was a tad slow. Awesome cheese shop next door too.

Was going to go up here yesterday... but weather was a tad off, so postponed till next Sunday. Somehow got to convince Mrs Argon to drive as i'm keen to sample a few.

Saw an ad in a Beer & Brewer e-newsletter that the head brewer position is open at the MT Brewery. Hopefully the new brewer will turn it back toward bolder brew.

(2 years on...)

No, it didn't. Was up on the mountain walking the rainforest Sunday with dad, and we stopped in at MT for lunch afterward. The restaurant has downscaled itself to a more pubish sort, calling itself 3 Pigs or something near that. I think it was called Fluid something a couple years ago when I was last here.They made a good beef and Black Cockatoo pie, but the Black Cockatoo off tap was a disappointment. It had some upfront flavour, but after half a glass it seemed watery, tasteless, and overly carbonated. Certainly didn't taste like it used to. The best beer was the 2-something % Moderation Pale. It actually had a bit of hop flavour in it. Dad liked it too. The other beers they had was a Wheat beer, the Rainforest lager, Cuvee Blonde, and St Bridget. Didn't try any of those as I was the pilot.

Back