Moving To Sydney From San Diego

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SanDiegoBrewer

Reaction score
Im moving from San Diego CA to Sydney in Dec, I work full time at a brewery (black market brewing)and homebrew every chance I get. I can't pack up my all grain 3 tier system and bring it out there and it will take me a few weeks of working to get money to buy a new set up. I was wondering if there are any Sydney area brewers who would want to do some colabrative beers or let me use their area/equipment so I can keep my sanity. I need to brew! Thanks, Ryan

where in sydney are you moving to?
im over near ryde but im sure we can find someone close to you.

where in sydney are you moving to?
im over near ryde but im sure we can find someone close to you.

I will be living in Potts Point close to Kings Cross. What good craft beers places are close by, The Local, Lord Nelson and Schwartz were the best that I saw last April.

im sure we can find someone near there.
harts is also pretty good in the rocks. if you look up the route for this years pub crawl, that will give you some idea of whats around, its on again next year around may.
isb gets together occasionally for a big brew day in croydon park, we must be just about due for another one soon. so you could come along to that one when it happens.

im sure we can find someone near there.
harts is also pretty good in the rocks. if you look up the route for this years pub crawl, that will give you some idea of whats around, its on again next year around may.
isb gets together occasionally for a big brew day in croydon park, we must be just about due for another one soon. so you could come along to that one when it happens.

Right on! sounds goood, Thanks for the info and hope to meet some Oz brewers soon

You'd be not too far from The Local Taphouse @ Darlinghurst too.

A perfect time to switch to BIAB :ph34r:

Yea i've deffinatly been thinking about doing that so I can brew asap, how's the efficiency with using that method? I was thinking if I did that just have some DME on hand to reach my gravities.

Yea i've deffinatly been thinking about doing that so I can brew asap, how's the efficiency with using that method? I was thinking if I did that just have some DME on hand to reach my gravities.
At the ANHC , last weekend , they did one beer , brewed on 3 systems....
1 was a herms , one was a simple bucket system
And biab was third....

Now , it was mentioned that almost all the efficiencies were with-in a point or three of each other.... so the efficiency was good....
As for the tatse comparison ( we all did a 3 beer taste and vote )....
Well after a bit of confusion and argy-bargy....
BIAB won.....by 2 votes to the simple bucket set-up..

Here is a google search on some stuff you may wanna look at....

google biab search

There is a whole biab artcile too on here....
ahb biab article
Cheers
Ferg

That's some baddass info Nice! welp, I know what im digging into right away Thanks for the encouragement!

I'm here now in Sydney. I bought a fermenter. Anyone brewing anytime soon? I'm looking to mooch off of someone's equip or do a shared brew day.

I plan on firing up the brewery at some stage next week........

I'm in Stanmore, but tend to brew mid week as that's when my days off work are.

mmmm, might work out well, unfortunately my brew days tend to be rather unplanned (As in I'll wake up and go "ehhh, might brew today" or I might go "weather is awesome, I'll take the daughter to the beach")

If I do end up getting the rig turned on I'll be sure to send you a PM prior.

Back