Move To Ag

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok tangent and joel here is the deal im about to upgrade my kettle to a 60 litre ali jobby and i will have for sale in a few weeks a 45 litre old barrel type keg kettle a legal one ,,,,it also has s/s ball valves ect and i have welded handles on it so if your instrested pm me or maybe u good get a bulk buy of ali pots from a place in sa were i get mine from cheaper than most places

wee stu said:
Secondly, I think the spartan simplicity and rustic charm of my primitive all grain set up was probably the most appealing factor. If you can brew anything like half decent beer on a simple system like mine, it shows that all grain doesn't have to be rocket science.

Tangent, I would suggest you try and see a few systems in practice before making life altering decisions. You are more than welcome back round to my next brew day, for a start.

You need to drop by my place this saturday for the double brew day. My system will certainly rival Stu's for "rustic charm".

if, by rustic charm, you mean tight areseness, yes, that is a very appealing factor. But only after tasting the Ale Stu, that's what had me sold. I can't wait to try other AG brews :)
Aaron, will you have samples available? :)

tangent said:
if, by rustic charm, you mean tight areseness, yes, that is a very appealing factor. But only after tasting the Ale Stu, that's what had me sold. I can't wait to try other AG brews :)
[post="86237"][/post]​
Certainly. One can't invite people around for a brew day without having beer to offer. One is offended that anyone would even suggest we wouldn't be anything other than the perfect host. ;)

Aaron said:
tangent said:
[post="86237"][/post]​
Certainly. One can't invite people around for a brew day without having beer to offer. One is offended that anyone would even suggest we wouldn't be anything other than the perfect host. ;)
[post="86598"][/post]​

Just wondering how it's going Aaron?

By my reckoning, what with the 6am start and all ;) , the first brew should be pretty much ready for the fermenter.

Hope all is going well.

i should be finished work by 3:30pm
mite give you a ring then Aaron.

Well I mashed in the first brew at 0800. Had to do some cleaning and have some breakfast before I started. First batch, the kolsch is in the kettle and about half way through the boil. The second match the alt has just mashed in. All going well so far.

I too,will be making the move to A.G this week.

It will only be a 2.5 kg grain bill with a total volume in fermenter of 11.5 litres
Mash in pot, batch sparge with a bucket in bucket system, cool in a tub of ice water and fermented in a mini fermenter.
Just to be quirky :rolleyes: i decided to go organic and have got myself some Powells organic pilsener grain and some organic N.Z Hallertau pellets.Pitching with Fermentis U.S56, so i guess it will be a blonde ale of sorts.
I figure it may only be small scale but it is at least a positive step 2wards A.G,ing and will be a good way to learn/experiment while collecting the hardware to start doing larger scale stuff.

Cheers Brau(wannabe A.G)luver. ;)

P.S I might call it the blonde virgin :p

Latest posts

Back