Mounting March Pump?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike77

Reaction score
Hi all

Just got my new march pump/bracket :D .Just wondering if the inlet/outlet should running vertical or horizontal when mounted? Or doesn't it matter?

Hi all

Just got my new march pump/bracket :D .Just wondering if the inlet/outlet should running vertical or horizontal when mounted? Or doesn't it matter?

I remember hearing something about mounting it with the outlet facing upwards, something to do with air bubbles.

Cheers

Paul

if you mount it at the lowest part of your pump circuit, with the outlet vertical and facing up, you can probably expect less issues with priming.... In saying that, my pump is mounted so the inlet outlet are horizontal, still at the lowest point in the circuit, and I have no issue with getting or maintaing a prime...

:blink:...felt a bit weird typing those last 10 words, fodder for a nasal spray ad almost...

if you mount it at the lowest part of your pump circuit, with the outlet vertical and facing up, you can probably expect less issues with priming.... In saying that, my pump is mounted so the inlet outlet are horizontal, still at the lowest point in the circuit, and I have no issue with getting or maintaing a prime...

:blink:...felt a bit weird typing those last 10 words, fodder for a nasal spray ad almost...

thanks schooey I wanted to mount it horizontally. Thanks for the advise
cheers mike

Back