Moster Mill Setup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hockadays

Reaction score
All this talk of mill motors and I just finished setting up mine in an old cupboard. The Lid goes back ontop so to use as work bench. Stole the idea from another thread and it works quite well.

DSC_0096_resize.JPG

DSC_0098_resize.JPG

DSC_0101_resize.JPG

DSC_0103_resize.JPG

DSC_0104_resize.JPG

Mate that's an excellent idea. All tucked away nicely in the cupboard which I like but the fact it's also a work bench is fantastic.

nice, very nice :super:

cheers ross

looks good.

ive been toying with my mill recenttly due to a fair % of uncrushed grain getting through, acutally between where the mill mounts onto my board and above the rollers.

With those angles are they pointg directly into the rollers with no other path to go or does the grain drop allowing a gap between the mill mount and the rollers??

I might have to getmyself a router form somewhere and recess my MDF to bring the rollers up closer on mine.

4* - couldn't you install something underneath the hopper rather than routing the underside. Something which extend below the top of the rollers which should prevent the grain from spilling back over the roller and into the bucket?

4* - couldn't you install something underneath the hopper rather than routing the underside. Something which extend below the top of the rollers which should prevent the grain from spilling back over the roller and into the bucket?

Yeah thats my first plan of attack, im going to hack up some plastic from an icecream container and see how that goes 1st.

Shit hot wow!

Can I enquire as to where the plastic hopper chute came from?

The "plastic hopper" is a mixture of pine and masonite with gloss white paint. The final gap to the mill in 20mm and it's a straight cut through the 19mm pine board to the rollers. I've only tested it so far on about 500g of malt and it just ripped through it. The real test will be a full batch ie 9kg which will be next week and will be weyermann floor malted boh pils. Only the best for the christening!

Hockers

I like it, and I'm looking at building a motorized mill ATM. I'm afraid I'll be using your idea there hockadays, very neat and solving the pulley guarding problem as well.
Nice cover for the top while in storage and it's a real winner !

Cheers
Batz

Looks absolutely fantastic. Must get my act together and get mine working...

Beautiful neat and practical job there. Love the fact that it effectively takes up no space because its able to be used as workspace when not being used as a mill. Very very nice.

You might want to consider a way to shield the motor from the malt dust that will be generated - it will get prety thhick in there when you are milling, can get into the works of the motor and isn't good for em. Also... if you are being super pedantic, there is a minuscule risk of an explosion/fire with a high level of dust in a confined space with a spark generating electric device.

Perhaps worth taping a bit of black plastic in there to separate the mill from the motor, and then both issues go away.

That looks like something youd buy in a shop. Really well done

Beautiful neat and practical job there. Love the fact that it effectively takes up no space because its able to be used as workspace when not being used as a mill. Very very nice.

You might want to consider a way to shield the motor from the malt dust that will be generated - it will get prety thhick in there when you are milling, can get into the works of the motor and isn't good for em. Also... if you are being super pedantic, there is a minuscule risk of an explosion/fire with a high level of dust in a confined space with a spark generating electric device.

Perhaps worth taping a bit of black plastic in there to separate the mill from the motor, and then both issues go away.

I would look at putting in a canvas skirt shute that would about line the edge of the bin. That would definitely keep all the grain dropping clean through and would really minimise dust clouds.

Latest posts

Back