Morgans Malt Extract

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roverfj1200

Reaction score
Well have done a few extract brews with the morgans malt now and found that, what i think, is a burnt taste to the malt.
Has anyone else found this . As I don't think it is in my process. The burnt taste seems to hide the hops.

Cheers

i've only been brewing kits for a short time, about 25 batches and i've found the morgans to be the best tasting compared to coopers and black rock, i''ve never had burnt flavors,
james

Well have done a few extract brews with the morgans malt now and found that, what i think, is a burnt taste to the malt.
Has anyone else found this . As I don't think it is in my process. The burnt taste seems to hide the hops.

Cheers

my first extract a few months back was using morgans master malt,
as far as all my (few) brews go, best thing since sliced bread. did you do a boil? if yes did you remove from the heat first
before adding goo? very easy to scorch.

Coopers own Morgans the two ranges are identical and no, none of them has ever tasted scorched or burnt. I think you would need to look at your process.
MHB

Latest posts

Back